Epilogue - The Tribute and The Mentor

2 years after Treech asked Isabella to be his girlfriend, he took her on another walk through the same flower meadow. This time, he had an even bigger question to ask her.

"Will you marry me Isabella Thatcher?" He said as he held out a beautiful handcrafted ring. It was simple, but he spent countless hours intricately shaping and shining it with the help of his dads metalworking skills.

"Yes, of course I will!" Isabella exclaimed, throwing her arms around his neck. She loved the ring, even though it was simple. She liked simple. 

As the years passed, her look and "Capitol-vanity" slowly faded away. She still enjoyed prettying herself up, but her natural beauty was striking. Treech would never admit it to her, but he secretly favorited her natural self more than anything else.

-

They were wed soon after. Their wedding was made extra special when Isabella's parents and close Capitol friends came to visit for the first time since she had left them. Her parents would later end up moving to 7 to be with their daughter.

The ceremony was small, with only close family members and some select friends. It took place in an open meadow, with the natural beauty of the forest as its backdrop. Mrs Hart slaved away for weeks on end sewing Isabella's wedding dress to perfection. Although simple, it was made with the nicest lace anyone in the districts could buy, and perfectly tailored to fit Isabella's figure.

They vowed to always love one another, and never another. They vowed to take care of each other and look out for one another as long as they both lived. They vowed "till death do us part." They were all vows that they kept.

-

The new couple began building a cabin of their own as soon as possible. They picked to build it on a small hill that overlooked a beautiful flower field. Their cabin was only a short distance from Treech's parents, so they visited often. Their finished cabin was cozy, but spacious enough for a family; which Isabella wanted more than anything else.

-

She soon got her wish 10 months later, with the birth of their first child; a girl; whom they named Lamina after Treech's fallen district partner. He felt it only right to honor the girl. Their daughter wore the name with pride after hearing about the bravery Lamina faced in the arena.

When Lamia was 2, Treech and Isabella took her on a walk through the woods. The very same walk that Treech had taken his sister on and his father had taken him on. They wanted to get their children well acquainted with the woods early on. Children? 

Isabella would never forget the look on Treech's face when she told him that night that she was pregnant with their second child. She would also never forget the look on his face when he found out that they would be having a baby boy. They named him Kai. Now, the Hart family was complete.

-

As the years passed, the children grew up to be just like their parents. Lamina was incredibly intelligent and beautiful like her mother. She did however, have dark curls like her father. Kai grew to be a sturdy boy like his father, but with his mother's light eyes and blonde hair.

When the two were young, the cabin was filled with giggles and tiny footsteps on the wooden floors.

"No running in the house you too!" Isabella would always scold from the kitchen. When the pair would start back up again and ignore their mother, Treech would play tackle them and hold them down, ironically causing more trouble than not, but Isabella let him keep his antics up because it made her and the children laugh.

Once their kids were old enough to go to school, the hart's cabin became the hangout spot for all their friends. Their home was welcoming and always open to anyone. The home always smelt like fresh baked goods, prepared by Isabella, who never missed an opportunity to bake for anybody that came over.