Tina And The Boys

Start from the beginning

"What's happening here?"

"What if she secretly hates me and we end up having this passive-aggressive relationship where we cut each other down while smiling at each other? Fuck! What if she refuses to come for Christmas and then plans a big Christmas lunch? We will divide the family in two, people will have to pick sides...I don't want people to pick sides," she says, her chin wobbling. Austin smirks at her then chuckles softly. Why is he laughing? This is not funny. "Baby..." he says taking her hand and pulling her onto his lap as he sits on the bed. Her sitting on his lap during heavy discussions is becoming a thing. She is OK with that. Although sitting on him like this is a tad torturous. He was not the only one battling nor was he the only one who got off this morning, she heard him and found her hand wandering between her thighs. She wants him.

"Baby. You may not have those memories but you have the same worries you had back then. You freaked out just like this the first time you met Tina."

"I did?"

"Yup. I put it down to the shit example your mother set for you when it comes to connections between women. Look what happened with Daisy..."

"Daisy has turned out to be better than expected. She sends me a picture of a new plant in her garden every day and tells me she loves me. She can't wait for the move."

"See. It will be the same with Tina. The first time you were just as worried but as soon as you guys met, you clicked and became fast friends."

"You are right. I am overthinking, I have too much time on my hands and now I am getting in my own head."

"Well, you have run out of time. They are on their way up," he says grinning and then winking. She gets off his lap quickly. The way he winks at her gets her hot under the collar. Such a stupid thing to get turned on my, but she can't help it. She turns and walks out of the bedroom." Where are you going now?" Austin calls after her. "I don't know," she throws over her shoulder. She needs to get away from him, calm herself down and stand in the hallway, waiting for Tina and her boys. Her heart nearly falls out of her ass when the front door swings open and a little red-haired boy comes screaming in. He is loud and dragging what looks like a bunch of large plastic trucks behind him on ropes, they make clanking sounds and bounce around behind him.

"Hello, Aunty Cleo!  Can I sit by you at the table? Do you want me to draw for you, I got my markers but no paper. Do you have paper?" he says as if he has always known her. He does know her. She looks over at Austin who shrugs and smiles at her and then back at the little boy who is still looking at her and waiting impatiently for her to answer him. He is very cute and her heart squeezes a little. She goes down on her knees so she is at eye level with him. "Hello, Max. I don't know if I have all that, but may I have a hug before we check for paper?"

"Ok," he says with a shrug and throws his little arms around her neck, squeezing her tight. Cleo has to clench her jaw real tight to stop herself from crying. Max has wriggled into her heart right next to Pippa. She loves him.

"Sorry! He is like a bullet, he just takes off and I can't catch up to him," a tall thin man pops through the front door. He is breathing heavily. Max screams then takes off down the passage, to the room Austin has for him and his cousins no doubt. "Happens every time, Pete," Austin says with a chuckle. "Hi. I'm Pete, Tina's husband. You and I both married into this family. I don't know why we did this to ourselves," Pete says. He is also covered in tattoos and really is very skinny but he has a big smile and friendly eyes. Cleo likes him immediately. "It's all the money they throw at us?" Cleo says. "True!" Pete says with a laugh as Austin rolls his eyes.

When Pete moves out the doorway Cleo can see a woman standing on the front steps. She is clutching a baby in her arms and looks just as nervous as Cleo. She is pretty with long golden hair and blue eyes that match Austin's. She stares at Cleo and then her chin wobbles and her eyes pool. "It's so...I'm..." she tries to speak, blinking her eyes double time to try and calm her tears. Cleo can see she is a bit of a mess so she walks out to her and stands in front of her."You are Tina. We are sisters and I have been told we were very close...I would like to get that back if that's OK with you," Cleo says. Tina bites her bottom lip and nods. "Yeah. Yes. I missed you so much," she says, her tears spilling onto her cheeks.