The Origins Arc - FOUR: Dude Where's My Power?

Mark sat doodling on a sheet of paper in the alleyway on "the good side" of town. He had drawn out multiple designs for a superhero outfit, varying in quality, suit quality that is. Although his drawings weren't the best quality either. He had decided on an orange and red color scheme and was trying to design a logo to go on his shirt. Suddenly it struck him.

"I don't have a hero name." Mark's eyes widened as he stared at his paper, the blank space in the circle for his logo haunting him.

"It would help if you knew what your superpower was," Quiver says, appearing behind Mark seemingly out of nowhere.

"WHAT THE HELL! Where did you come from man!" Mark shouts out, Quiver's sudden appearance shocking him. 

"My bad, I got a tip that Gaslite was running an operation over on this side of town, I couldn't find anything so I decided to come to check in with you." Quiver mutters out, looking around to make sure no one is around. 

"Bro, I thought we were supposed to be taking down Gaslite together? And who is giving you tips?" Mark responds, very confused.

"I didn't think you'd be awake, you usually sleep in till noon. Here, take a look at this." Quiver throws something at Mark, it crashes and hits the floor.

"I'm so sorry, I usually catch stuff like that. Look, it's still okay!" Mark says while picking it up off the floor. Quiver looks at him in disappointment.

"Anyway... I made that myself, you can listen to police chatter and pick up on crimes nearby." Quiver smirks. 

Mark looks down at the device. 

"This is just a walkie-talkie with a metal arrow attached to it," Mark says, Quiver's smirk disappears.

"It gets the job done!" Quiver responds annoyed. Mark smiles and hands him the device back.

"So uhm, how do I figure out what my superpower is?" Mark looks over at Quiver again. Quiver puts his hand on his chin and thinks for a moment.

"I suppose we could put you through different experimental situations and see how your body reacts." Quiver suggests.

"Oh okay sure! Just nothing too crazy alright?" Mark responds.

Cut to Mark tied by his leg to a rope, dangling upside down off the roof of a department store.

"This is the exact opposite of nothing too crazy!" Mark shouts out at Quiver. He ignores him and ties the other side of the rope to one of his arrows. He loads it into his bow and notices Mark staring up at him with cold fear in his eyes. 

"What are you doing?!" Mark yells as Quiver releases his arrow, Mark shoots off the side of the roof and crashes down into a shopping cart. His skull cracks on the side of it, killing him immediately. 

"Mark? Mark? Oh shit." Quiver shouts out a few times then rushes down to check on Mark. Seeing the blood dripping all over the ground, he panics. He grabs Mark, resting his hand on the back of his head, and begins carrying him to the back of the store. Suddenly the back of his head heals up and his eyes pop open.

"Why are you carrying me?" Mark mutters out, waking up from his visit with death.

"Oh thank god you came back to life!" Quiver has a huge sigh of relief. He looks down at Mark, who is looking up at him. They glare at each other, almost longingly. Quiver blushes then drops Mark on the ground.

"OW! YOU FUCKING JERK!" Mark yells out after hitting the hard concrete. 

"Uhm... off to the next experiment!" Quiver says, awkwardly walking away.