Number 200 - Chapter 4

❗️TW!! Slight gore at the flashback scene❗️
__________________________________

It had been a couple of days since Abby had arrived in Zabon City. She explored the place and was getting extremely bored, extremely fast. Luckily for her, today was the day she had been awaiting; The Hunter Exam. She awoke in pristine white sheets that had been slightly crumpled from her movement in her sleep. Yawning slightly and stretching out, she began to prepare for the day. Sliding out of bed, she walked over to the bathroom, groggily rubbing the tiredness from her eyes.

"Even after thirteen straight hours of sleep, I'm still somehow tired. I don't even understand that," she thought aloud. After she washed her face with cold water and thoroughly cleansed it, she went back out into the main room to retrieve her new set of clothes. It was a bland room without much color. The walls were a dull grey and the floors, backboard, and nightstand were made of a near grey colored wood. A T.V. hung from the wall and a lonesome chair sat in the corner of the room. 'The bleakness of this room is worse than it is at home. Well, it's more of a house then a home.' She imagined her old house and the boring colors that made it up. 'It's almost as if my family is allergic to color.'

She proceeded to pull out her newest additions to her wardrobe that she purchased at a boutique a couple of days ago. Pulling her hair back into a low ponytail with some stray pieces hanging in front of her face and pulling on her sneakers, she finished up getting ready. Turning to look at herself in the full length mirror that hung on the closet door, she admired her own reflection for a few moments. 'Okay the fit is giving.' She quickly threw on some deodorant and a body spray and stuffed the rest of her belongings into her backpack. She slung it onto her shoulder and set off to the front desk to check out.

"Hey kiddo! Here to check out?" The receptionist asked politely.

"Yes sir. Here's my key, have a great day!" She replied to the older man who was working the desk at the moment.

"Thanks, you too!" He said and began re-arranging some things on the desk. The short blonde haired girl made her way out of the building and towards the location of this year's Hunter Exam. Roaming the streets, she decided to stop and grab a bite to eat since she didn't know when her next opportunity for a meal would be. Returning to the cafe from her first night in the city, she ordered the same thing as before since she was satisfied with it last time. Finishing up her meal, she paid and continued on towards the address she was given. Stopping in front of it, she deadpanned.

"No way this is where the exam is being held. This crusty looking restaurant? You've got to be kidding me!" She exclaimed slightly louder than intended. She gained some stares and smiled awkwardly before muttering under her breath, "I'd rather die than touch anything in here. Imagine the amount of germs. I feel sick just thinking about it..." she trailed off as she headed inside. Her eyes widened in disgust as she took a look around the interior, then immediately closed them and had to take a deep breath before continuing to "order" something. She was the led to another room and glanced around as the door closed. 'Yikes. This room is just as dirty as the others.' She cringed internally. 'Seriously, when was the last time they cleaned this place?'

Feeling the room around her begin to shake, she glanced up at a screen that held numbers. They slowly decreased which confirmed her theory of this being an elevator. She stood far away from anything and everything in the room, fearing that if she touched it the bacteria on it might kill her. Abby had always had a fear of germs. It didn't show through unless she was genuinely concerned for her sanitary safety, and right now was one of those moments.

The elevator hit the ground floor and dinged. She perked her head up and watched as the doors creaked open revealing the exam sight. 'It looks like we're in a sewer drain. This is much too large to be a real sewer though, so they must have specially constructed this for the exam. At least that means it's new. Which means it's sanitary.' She sighed slightly in relief before putting on a stoic face and uncrossing her arms. She waltzed out of the elevator only to be approached by a small, green species of some sort. She wasn't sure what it was, but she was slightly taken aback when it spoke, "Here's your number miss. Please keep it on your personnel at all times and don't lose it."