Fight or Flight - Chapter 3

❗️TW!! Violence warning and if you have a fear of heights or are triggered by anxiety then I recommend not reading any further. You have been warned.❗️
__________________________________

Exiting the train, it was now early morning. Almost a full day on the train and it had finally arrived at its destination: Zabon City. The young blonde picked up her bag, slung it over her shoulder, and made her way into the bright streets of the city. Her bag was simple, but stylish. It was small and plain black with a golden zipper. How it fit all of her belongings, even she couldn't tell you.

She continued her walk in the city, looking around as she had never been there before. She saw the small markets and large buildings and found it to be charming. It reminded her of Yorknew city, but significantly smaller. She stopped by a couple of stands, looking around for anything she might like.

Something glistened in the sunlight and it caught her eye. Approaching the item, she picked it up. In her palm was a pair of gorgeous gold hoops. They were small, but not too small. Just the right size. The design made them appear as though they had been twisted into a spiral shape.

"Like what you see?" Asked a middle-aged woman who approached her. She had light brown hair and tan skin. Her green eyes stood out from her face and if you looked close enough, she had very faint freckles scattered over her skin. She smiled kindly and dimples showed on her face. In her arms was a young child who appeared to be asleep, swaddled up in a light purple baby blanket with a singular white star on the corner piece. 'She has such a warm smile. It almost reminds me of- no. That's in the past. They are nothing alike.' The blonde quickly diminished the thought, blinking rapidly to get out of her daze.

"Yeah, actually. I've been looking for a pair like these," she replied, returning the kind smile. "How much for them?"

"One-thousand jenny, my dear. Are you interested in buying them?" The kind woman asked, moving towards the register set up at her stand, one of many in this area of the market. The younger girl nodded and followed her over, pulling her wallet out of her bag to pay. Handing the money over, the vendor's brows furrowed.

"This is way more than one-thousand jenny-" she began, but was cut off by the short, blue-eyed girl. "Keep the change," she stated smiling slightly and taking her bag containing the earrings. 'I feel bad for that woman's baby. You can tell she's hungry. I'm guessing they're struggling to get by right now so it's the least I can do.' She thought while walking away to see what other vendors have.

After a while of walking, she ended up on a more expensive looking street filled with boutiques and luxury stores. She was just planning on window shopping when she spotted a cozy looking boutique settled on the corner. It wasn't the boutique itself that caught her eye, more so the window display. 'Now that I think about it, I could use a new outfit for the exam.'

Walking into the boutique she was greeted by a kind worker who looked not much older than her.

"Welcome! My name is Tori, please let me know if you need any help finding anything!" She smiled and then went back to setting up a new display on a table. Returning the smile, the younger girl said, "Thank you, I actually have a question if that's alright."

"Alright, what is it?" Tori turned back around and walked over to the girl, curious about what she needed.

"The front window display, do you sell those items in an extra-small by chance?"