4. Xue Yang

Disclaimer: Mo Dao Zu Shi and The Untamed do not belong to me. The settings, characters, and plot belong, respectively, to Mo Xiang Tong Xiu and the screenwriters of The Untamed. Here, only the plot of this fanfiction and my four OCs, Huang Minghui / Lan Minghui, Lan Biyun, Li Xingsi / Wei Xingsi, and Bai Yilian / Nie Yilian are my creations. And an important reminder that this ISN'T REAL; please value your lives and do not try to get hit by a car to get this sort of adventure.

Song for this chapter: TNT - 姐姐真漂亮 (You Are Beautiful)

When Lan Xichen, Lan Wangji, Lan Biyun, and Lan Minghui arrived at Kuizhou with a handful of disciples for Lan Xichen's night hunt, the three younger disciples were left to explore on their own as Lan Xichen left. As Lan Minghui roamed around with two older disciples guarding her like they were her shadows, she stopped as her eyes landed on the figure of a young boy crouched in the corner of the street, picking at scraps of food. Looks like I found you, Xue Yang.

Lan Minghui's heart broke at the sight of Xue Yang looking so helpless and scared. As they ate dinner in the inn with Lan Minghui's fellow disciples, Xue Yang seemed to be almost asking for permission to eat more. Knowing that he probably hadn't had a proper meal in who knows how long, Lan Minghui added more food to his bowl.

"Jiejie..." he whispered. "Can I call you that?"

Lan Minghui smiled. Xue Yang, why are you so fucking cute?! He was only two years younger, but he was so adorable... "Sure."

"Where are you going now?"

"I'm taking you back to the Cloud Recesses, my home," Lan Minghui explained. "I will ask Shufu if you can become a disciple of our sect, and if not, at least let you stay for a while to get your wounds treated."

"Will Jiejie let me have sweets?" Xue Yang asked, seeming to grow sleepy.

Lan Minghui's heart melted. She'd managed to change at least one thing already. "Of course, A-Yang."

***************

"Shufu, I believe that you know that I have brought back Xue Yang, an abandoned child who was severely injured." Lan Minghui, feeling nervous, was about to ask Lan Qiren for permission to keep Xue Yang in the clan. "I would like Shufu's permission to take him in as a disciple of our sect."

"Minghui, do not-"

"Accept disciples without careful screenings, I know," Lan Minghui finished. "I've done so already through the use of Empathy. And what I find interesting is that despite living for two years while missing a finger and many years on his own with nobody to care for him, he is still alive and more or less getting by. Shufu, I see plenty of potential in Xue Yang as a cultivator that I would hate to see go to waste. So now, I'd like to ask Shufu again: Can Xue Yang stay as a disciple of our sect?"

A few days later

Lan Minghui was on cloud nine. Lan Qiren had agreed to take Xue Yang as a disciple. Immediately, she hurried to the infirmary to see Xue Yang, only to find him exiting. He was wearing the black finger glove she was used to seeing, as well as a smile.

Wrapping her arms around him in a big hug, Lan Minghui grinned and asked, "A-Yang, how are you?"

"Much better! I'm so excited to learn cultivation!"

Lan Minghui took him by the hand and led him to the guest disciple quarters. "You'll be staying here during the night. Rest well tonight. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

***************

Lan Minghui and Lan Biyun nearly died of shock the next morning due to Xue Yang's unfamiliar style of clothing, which was the regular white robes and headband of the Gusu Lan Sect.