🌸 Fake Lovers

~So call it what you want yeah, call it what you want to~

Standing in the mirror, I check myself out, head-to-toe. I don't really like him, but I still feel the need to look good for him.

My parents just left town, so it's just me in the house. I wasn't planning on doing anything but of course, my fake-boyfriend has different plans.

Dean Forester, a boy in my class. He's also the bagger at Doose's. He has the brightest smile, one nobody could miss. When I first met him, I must admit, I had a tiny crush on him. A couple months later, he fell head over heels for the Gilmore girl, Rory. A smart brunette with bright blue eyes and porcelain skin, beautiful enough to be a model. Who wouldn't fall for her?

I didn't resent her, probably never could as she's the sweetest girl around. But once Dean came up with the bright idea of using jealousy to his advantage, I became a bit sour-minded. I don't mind helping him, so I'll just continue letting it happen as it seems to be working.

All I want is for him to be happy. If his happiness means forsaking my own, so be it.

Tonight he's asked me to go to dinner with him, way off into a nearby city. It's funny because he usually has us go somewhere Rory might see or hear of us. But here, there's no chance word will spread of our little date.

I'm not complaining all that much since in these past couple weeks I've been talking to a different boy at a desperate attempt to get over Dean. It's actually going quite well, and he refers to me as his girlfriend so that's kind of big.

I wear a short form fitting black dress as I say I might as well look nice. This is also my favorite dress I own, so I'll feel less embarrassed wearing it.

Soon, a knock comes from my front door so I skip down the staircase to open it. Once I do, it opens to reveal Dean who stands there with a large bouquet of flowers.

He's really selling this.

"How did you remember these were my favorite flowers?" I giggle as I take the bouquet gratefully.

"A gentleman never forgets," he chuckles.

"Well, thank you so much. They're beautiful." I smile. "Let me set them in a vase then we can go."

He nods and I walk down the hall to find a nearby empty white vase, setting the flowers in before meeting Dean back at the entrance.

"Alrighty," I say. "Where are you taking me tonight? What's the plan? Will Rory be there?"

He shakes his head as we walk down the sidewalks. "No plan," he says. "I thought it'd be nice if it was just us tonight if that's okay?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "O-oh. Yeah of course."

He smiles as he holds my car door open for me. "Good, I know just the place that you will absolutely love." He says giddily.

~

The car drive is long, but comfortable. Dean is extremely sweet, which only makes it harder for me to fake date him. All our interests are the same, we listen to the same music, we have similar family lives, everything is just right with us. If only he could see that.

We eventually make it to the restaurant and Dean leads me in and tells the woman his name for the reservation. She leads us to a private corner in the building.

The table is small and intimate with a bottle of wine in the middle. I raise an eyebrow at the alcohol, knowing we're both way underage.

The waitress leaves us to look at the menu and Dean begins pouring the wine.

Gilmore Girls Imagines / Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें