🌸 Bid on a Basket

~ Oh God, I'm gonna marry him if he keeps all this up ~

"You're kidding, you made this entire thing for me?" Logan laughs, holding up the gigantic basket I put together. Little pink ribbons dangle from the sides, my signature basket look. This year, it will be different. I have a boy who loves me to buy the basket, rather than the old men in the town or Dean, who bought my basket two years ago.

I must say, I put more effort in this basket than I ever have in the past. I made it special for a special boy. The only thing I'm worried about is Dean. Ever since I broke up with him, he tries buying my baskets  in hopes of making up with me. I've warned Logan of this, but he doesn't seem too concerned. Meanwhile, I'm on the edge of a heartattack.

"Um, no, I made this for US." I giggle. "You're not the only one with an appetite."

He shakes his head, smiling. "Well then, shall we take a look inside?"

I quickly yank the basket from his grasps. "Absolutely not, it has to be a surprise. Plus, it's about time to bid. I should take this basket to Taylor."

"Fine, fine." He sighs through a grin, pulling me in to place a quick peck on my cheek. "Meet you at the bidding?"

"Meet you at the bidding." I smile.

~

"The brown basket with yellow ribbons sold to Luke for 50 dollars!" Taylor announces, banging the gavel on the stand.

Looking back, I see Lorelai with her head in her hands, trying to hide a blush I suppose. My eyes land on Dean, who is looking anxiously at my basket which happens to be the next one handed to Taylor.

"Well if this isn't a pretty basket," He says. "Alright, white basket with pink ribbons, starting at a total of 25 dollars!"

Logan holds up his bidding paper, with the number 13 on it.

"30!" Dean calls out, causing both me and Logan to sigh.

"35." Logan counters.

"50." Dean says, earning a glare from my boyfriend.

Today happens to be our 1 year anniversary, and this was our way to celebrate. In no way can we let Dean ruin this day for us.

"100." Logan barks, causing a bunch of murmurs from the crowd. Everyone looks to Dean for a higher bid.

"150." He says, causing Logan to chuckle slightly.

"1 grand." Logan smirks and I fight a laugh. He looks to me mischeviously and all I can do is shake my head at his humble brag.

Taylor stands there amazed, then begins counting down. When nobody bids higher he hits the gavel on the podium. "White basket with pink ribbons sold to the blonde gentleman up front! Thank you sir!"

Logan nods as he takes the basket from Miss Patty who winks at him, whispering something before letting go. His face turns a shade of pink as he looks at me.

"That'll be it for our bidding ceremony, if you didn't get a bid on your basket meet Miss Patty at the gazebo to collect it." Taylor says, setting down his gavel and the crowd disperses, arms linked and pretty baskets being dragged away.