XXI

The sea that day seemed to be peaceful, bringing dread and agony to team black. Any moral capacity Rhaenyra held for her once dear family had vanished, burying itself between the rocks and the sand of the black sea.

Aegon watched his dragon as the boat moved, their small faces were being pushed further from their mother. The dragon flew, creating a small breeze as they glided through the clouds. The smaller boy looked at his brother, feeling a comfort that they had someone to protect him.

The feeling would last no longer than mere hours.

The Triarchy, also known as the Kingdom of three whores, found the boat carrying Rhaenyra's babes and with ninety warships, the small boys had no chance.

There was no fight, few made it out, their escorting boats were sunk beneath the waves or taken. The small boys looked in horror as each of their support were taken from them, perhaps they wished for their mothers warmth once more.

Aegon, now clutching desperately to the neck of his dragon, lived. Viserys was taken, a hostage for Sharako. Stormcloud had been mortally wounded during the attack, but made sure Aegon made it back to his home before showing its injuries.

When the small boy made it back to dragonstone, collapsed on the shore with its dragon beside him, Rhaenyra held a more serious approach now, the grief she once faced had been replaced with desperation, anger.

Without thinking, Jace rounded up him and the dragonseeds, commanding that him and they go and rescue his brother from these traitors. They flew across the sea, Jace held nothing but anger.

His brother had been taken, his other dead. As he soared through the skies, he thought of Luke, they would've been able to get away if he had been there. Vhagar would not have taken him if he was there. The thought plagued his mind more than he'd like to admit.

The sailors however, had experience with Prince Daemon during the war of the stepstones and had formed a plan, to aim for Jace and not the dragon. Killing the beast would be easier if they booted down its rider first, so spears and arrows were aimed for the crown prince rather than the very thing that could cost them their lives.

Fire once again engulfed the seas, one after the other, warships were swallowed by fire and then left to the mercy of the sea. Under the siege of their prince and the rest of the dragonseeds, they shattered.

Devastation became all that filled the sea, Vermax had flew too low and crashed into the sea. Jace had leapt free for a short while, calling out for help. None would come. Myrish crossbowmen had their chance, shot after shot was fired and the son of Rhaenyra had joined his brother in the sea once more.

Prince Jacaerys, first born son of Rhaenyra, supposed bastard had died a true Velaryon in the end and nothing else had mattered.

The day's events bled into the night as the squadron of ships passed Dragonstone, metres from the grieving queen who had now promised to rain fire on the greens and whomever else dared to defy her, promising that their blood would cover the red keep as she sat on the throne.

Butchered men, women, children led the streets of SpiceTown, now being sieged by the Triarchy. Any and all belongings of Lord Corlys Velaryon were consumed by fire, the laughs of those who set them filling the now ghosted town.

The fifth day of the new year, 130 AC had been the final cost Rhaenyra was willing to sacrifice, three of the sons dead. One haunted by his brothers capture. The greens, Maellery in particular, celebrated the success of the loss team black faced. Her husband by her side. 

Though the losses did not stop there, Daemon, after learning of Maellery's behaviour sent a letter to her dear mother, writing that the war had been succeeded, posing that Maellery had wished to reunite with her mother and her dear spy.