The Wedding

Author's POV:

   Under the veil of night, the garden transforms into a realm of ethereal beauty, illuminated by twinkling fairy lights and the soft glow of lanterns. Amidst this enchanting ambiance, two souls embark on a journey of commitment as they exchange vows in the sacred ritual of nikah. The fragrance of night-blooming flowers fills the air, lending a touch of mystique to the atmosphere.

  Beneath a canopy adorned with shimmering drapes, the couple sat on a couch bathed in the gentle moonlight. While the groom has a small smile whereas the bride's face was covered with her red dupattal.As the solemn ceremony unfolds, the night sky becomes a celestial witness to their union, sparkling with a myriad of stars like blessings bestowed upon them.

  The soft murmur of recitations and prayers mingles with the rustle of leaves, creating a harmonious symphony of devotion and nature's melody.

  As the nikah concludes, the night garden becomes a sanctuary of celebration and joy. The night is witness of two souls  tied in a sacred bond of nikah.

  While one family was drowning in happiness of getting a daughter-in-law,the other family was having tears in their eyes because of the separation from their daughter.

Rayyan's POV:

  I'm a married man now I freaking got married to a girl whom I don't see. I only know her name, that's it. I don't know why but I was having a feeling that it was bound to happen.

  I was restless from the time I came here but after Dadijaan asked me to get married to Wafa it doesn't feel weird.

  And when Ruhail told me about the cons of marrying an unknown girl and the pros of marrying a known girl. I felt that everyone was anxiously waiting for my answer to be yes.And I did said yes and now I'm married.

  Now it's time for the rukhsati and I saw my newly wedded wife hugging her mother, now my mother-in-law. Khala was crying continuously and Ammi was consoling her.

  I was busy staring at them standing close to my car,when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Mr.Ali urf my father-in-law standing in front of me.

  “Hume pata hai ki yeh sab bahot jaldi mein hua hai. Ummeed hai ki aap ke upar kisi tarah ka pressure to nahi tha na.” He said looking straight at my eyes which somehow makes me nervous.

  “Nahi uncle mere upar kisi tarah ka koi pressure nahi hai. Maine yeh faisla bohot soch samajh ke liya hai.” I told him trying to maintain eye contact with him.

  “Hmm, Wafa badi to ho gayi hai par uske andar bachpana abhi bhi hai, aur masoomiyat bhi. Mein bas chahta ho ki agar tumhe kabhi bhi Aisa lage ki tum uske sath nahi rehna chahte to use mere paas wapis bhej dena.” he said and I listened to each word carefully.

  “Aapko pareshan hone ki zarurat nahi hai uncle. Mein apni zimmedari se muh nahi pherta. Aur Wafa sirf meri zimmedari hi nahi balki meri zindagi ka when hissa bhi ban gayi jis waqt usne qubool hai kaha.” I assured him and by the time I finished his eyes was glistening with tear.

  “Aapka bohot Shukriya beta aapne hamara ek dar khatam kar diya” he said, wiping his tears away.

  “App shukriya mat boliye uncle Wafa ka khayal rakhna meri responsibility hai” I said to him.

  “Hmm ab chalte hai” he said smiling and moved past me.

  I saw Noor coming towards me with my bride. I moved away from my car's door so that Noor could make her sit.

  When they were close enough I opened the door of the car. Noor made her sit in the car and adjusted her lehenga properly and then closed the door.

  Then she went away and khala came towards me with  Ammi. She also asked me to take care of Wafa.