Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

Only a few days are left for their wedding and preparations are in full swing. Today Vivaan's family and Preeti are going for shopping. Due to the status of the Rathod family, the wedding promises to be a grand affair, with only close relatives attending. Media coverage of Vivaan's impending marriage is spreading rapidly, increasing curiosity about the future queen.

"Bhabhi, what kind of lehenga are you considering for the Sangeet?" Aarav asked eagerly.
( Sister-in-law )

They're shopping for various functions, with the wedding lehenga and sherwani already sorted.

"I'd love a French rose pink lehenga," Preeti replied.

"Wow, bhabhi, you've already made your outfit selections," Priyansh remarked, adopting the familial title.

However, Vivaan was notably absent, engrossed in an important business call. Preeti scanned the area, searching for him.

"Mene is ladke ko bola tha ki apna phone mat la! Mujhe pata tha ki paka iske pass koi important call aa jayega our ye Hume chodh ke chala jayega," Ekta, Vivaan's mother, complained.
( "I told him not to bring his phone; I knew he'd get caught up in important calls and leave us," )

Harsh and Sudeep were at work, leaving Vivaan, Aarav and Priyansh to accompany the family for shopping. However, Vivaan found himself tied up in a business call.

"Priyansh, call him and ask him to join us within 2 minutes," Prerna, Vivaan's aunt, instructed.

"Okay, Maa," Priyansh replied, dialing Vivaan's number.

"Bhaiya yaar! Kesa dost hai apka?" Preeti complained to Raj in a whisper.
("Bhaiya, what kind of friend do you have?")

"Nikama dost hai mera," Raj replied.
( "My best friend is useless," )

"Well, aren't I getting praised?" Vivaan remarked sarcastically, wrapping his arm around Raj's shoulder.

"But he's not wrong, is he, bhabhi?" Aarav chimed in, adding to the banter.

"Right, he's not wrong," Preeti whispered, audible only to Aarav.

"Did you say something?" Vivaan asked, his voice softening. Preeti shook her head in denial, like a shy child.

"Mujhse toh itna pyaar se baat nahi karte?" Aarav complained, prompting an eye roll from Vivaan.
( "You Don't talk sweetly to me?" )

"Now listen, Vivaan, don't you dare leave us. Turn off your phone," Ekta ordered, to which Vivaan obediently nodded. After all, no one could deny a mother's authority.

After an extensive shopping spree, evening descended upon them as they strolled through the mall, their stomachs growling with hunger. Suddenly, Preeti felt a tug on her arm and turned to find Vivaan grasping her wrist, quietly informing Priyansh, "We'll be back in a bit." Confused, Preeti asked, "Where are you taking me?" to which Vivaan responded, "Somewhere where we won't be disturbed for a bit."
"Wait, Rana sa! I need to use the restroom first," Preeti said, to which Vivaan nodded in agreement.

After a ten-minute wait, Preeti peeked out of the restroom to see Vivaan waiting outside, engrossed in his phone. Anxiously, she called out to him, revealing her urgent need for a pad due to her unexpected period. Without hesitation, Vivaan reassured her and swiftly returned with a bag containing not only a pad but also chocolates, painkillers, and snacks, anticipating her needs. 'My man is a gentleman,' she thought as she thanked him before heading back into the restroom.

Upon emerging from the restroom, Vivaan asked in a soft, worried tone, "Are you having cramps?" Preeti replied in a tired tone, "No, not cramps, but my back and body are aching a little."
"Oh... Tell me if you need anything," Vivaan said before suggesting, "Let's go, they all must be waiting for us." They made their way to the food counter where they found all the family members enjoying their meal.

Observing their arrival, Prerna inquired, "Where were you both?" Vivaan casually replied, "We informed Priyansh."
"We know, but she asked where did you go?" Ekta pressed further. "Nowhere," Vivaan replied in order to avoid the topic.

"Bhabhi, I also want to eat chocolate!" Aarav exclaimed upon seeing Preeti enjoying a dark chocolate brought by Vivaan. "Then go and buy yours!" Vivaan retorted. "You're so bad! Can't you buy me one?" Aarav whined.
Preeti pouted and whispered, "I have extra chocolates, but I hate sharing them!"
"You don't need to," Vivaan whispered back.

Curious about their hushed conversation, Aarav inquired, "What are you both talking about?"
"Un dono ko pareshan mat kar bewakoof! Aur tum dono kuch kha lo!" Ekta intervened, pulling Aarav's ear. "Maa, sorry! Leave my ear; it's hurting!" Aarav exclaimed as Ekta released his ear.
( "Don't irritate them, you dumbo! And both of you, eat something!"  )

"I want to eat chole bhature!" Preeti declared, expressing her craving. Vivaan nodded and returned with chole bhature after some time. As they all enjoyed their meal and conversation, Raj suggested, "Vivaan, you should try the chole bhature too!" Despite Vivaan's initial refusal, Preeti's persistence led him to reluctantly agree.

After taking a bite, Preeti eagerly asked, "How is it? Good?" Vivaan nodded obediently, prompting Preeti to exclaim, "I knew it! Chole bhature are the best!" However, she noticed everyone looking at Vivaan in shock. "Why are you all looking at him like that?" Preeti asked in confusion. "He hates chole bhature!" Aarav revealed. "What? How can someone hate chole bhature? You don't like them?" Preeti asked incredulously. "No, it's good," Vivaan replied.

"He's lying! Bhabhi, he hates chole bhature to the core! He'd rather die than eat them!" Aarav exclaimed. "Then why did you eat them if you hate them so much?" Preeti asked, puzzled. "No, it's good, don't worry! And you, Aarav, meet me later!" Vivaan deflected.
"Joru ka gulam!" Raj teased, starting to sing.
( "Wife's slave!" )
"Shut up!" Vivaan retorted.

All these fun conversations and interactions strengthened their bond, leaving Preeti happy to experience the family's love for the first time.

...

Apologies for the delayed update, but I'm currently on vacation, which has made it a bit challenging for me to keep up. Being new to writing, it's disheartening when few people read my stories, but I'm doing my best to stay motivated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Goodbye...