9

Gabby couldn't believe she was actually sitting in Dominic's lap right now and he was agreeing to be her mate. It was like a dream, but in her dreams, he never wanted her.

She still couldn't believe this was happening, that Dominic wanted to be in a relationship with her. She was waiting for him to suddenly tell her he really didn't want her.

She clung to his bicep, waiting for him to break her, but he just held her close. The purring was calming, and just about lulled her to sleep. Her eyes were a bit swollen from crying, though she knew that wouldn't last long.

Her mind drifted back to the bicep she was gripping. It was nice and hard. She hadn't realized he was in such good shape. She thought about seeing him last night shirtless. He'd looked good.

"Gabby?"

She let loose a soft sigh, wondering if now it would happen. "Yes?"

"Do you want to stay the night?"

That was not the question she'd been expecting. Thoughts of being under him while he mated her entered her mind sending desire through her.

"Not for sex. Just stay here with me. I want to hold you," he murmured.

She breathed a small sigh. She wasn't sure she was ready to have sex with him. She still half expected him to reject her like he did every night in her dreams. But if staying the night in his bed kept the dream at bay, then she'd stay. "Okay."

He suddenly moved and stood, her still in his arms, and she wrapped her legs around him, as he pulled back the blankets. He sat her down on the bed. "I need to change clothes."

"Okay." She watched him grab some clothes and head into the bathroom. She settled back in his bed, breathing in the scent on the two pillows. He slept on the left side. She laid her head down on the right, and turned on her side. She was still unsettled over all of this.

He came out a few moments later and walked over to the bed, then crawled in and flipped out the light. His blue eyes glowed a bit, and she stared at him, intrigued.

He reached out and grabbed her and pulled her against him, wrapping his arms around her tightly. She snuggled into him and was surprised when he moved her so that she could bury her face in his neck. She breathed him in deeply and felt herself relax.

He pulled her leg over his, settling her, and his body relaxed as well. "Are you comfortable?"

"Yes," she breathed into his neck. He smelled amazing, so much better when he was this close. She'd never fully caught his scent before yesterday, hadn't been around him since she'd suspected he was hers.

Her's. She scoffed at that. She wasn't sure that Dominic Beckham would ever be hers. And here she was, letting herself get attached to him.

"Gabby," he said softly. "Relax."

She couldn't. "I can't do this. I need to go."

He immediately let go of her, and she slipped out of his bed and his room. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she hurried down the hall and got on the elevator, taking it up to the fourth floor.

She slipped into the apartment and back to her bedroom. She stood there for a moment, staring at her bed. She had to get out of here. Away from him, away from it all.

She grabbed her bag that she'd unpacked a few days ago and packed it back up, then left the apartment. She took the elevator down to the first floor, then headed down to the offices. Dominic's scent invaded her senses, distracting her a bit, but she ignored it and grabbed a set of keys, then headed outside.