Chapter 8: The Baby

Aleksei POV

Cooking for fifty people is very hard, especially when those people just came from hard training. You need to make sure that there is enough for everyone. So here I am with Mama Paige and Mama Liane, cooking in the kitchen for fifty people.

"Reece baby, we can do the rest here. Just prepare the table, any moment your brothers will be here." Mama Liane said.

"Ok mama, can I take a shower after this? And I'll check if daddy Jay sends me a message." I look at both my mama's.

"Alright cupcake" "Sure baby" said them both and I immediately set everything.

"I'm done." As I run towards to the stair.

"No running, cupcake." mama Paige said.

"I'm sorry." I shout as I walk and run slow.

Once I was in my room, I look around to find my phone; I find it at side of my study table. I was right daddy Jay message me and I have a message to Raven, too, once I finish replying to him I went to my bathroom to take a shower.

************************************

I remember when I took my first step in this house, I was really scared to the point I wanted to run away. My whole body is trembling, but Cameron put a reassuring hand on my shoulder and said that I should not be scared because those who people who live here are nice and kind. I just nod my head and let Cameron brought me to the living room. When we are near I stop and took Cameron's hand and look at him. Cameron just smile at me and slightly tightens his hand.

I already know some people who live here, when they visited the hospitals. Especially Mama Paige and other Elder's mate and their children, they always bring me foods and presents. After the runaway incident I did my very best to forget what happen to me in the past. But sometimes it is still hurts knowing that you will never going to talk to your wolf anymore, that I cannot shift anymore. That my other half is gone.

My new family shows me how to live normally, they showed me how to be happy, laugh and enjoy the life that my wolf and the goddess given to me. And knowing that I don't have to be scared anymore, because they're here to love me, care for me and they're here to protect me. And finally I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. And I can finally say that I'm safe, I'm not alone anymore and I have a family. A second chance indeed.

*************************************

I step out on the bathroom and get dress. As I finish there is a knock on my door and my brother Cameron step inside.

"Hey little cloud, are you alright? Mama Paige asked me to check you." He look at me carefully as he step in front of me.

"Yes I'm okay, I just took a shower and check some messages from daddy Jay and Raven. Is everyone in the dining room?" I ask him while drying my short curly hair.

"Yup, they are already there and you are the only one who's missing" he said as he take my towel and dry my hair.

"I'm sorry, you guys shouldn't wait for me. I bet you're all starving" I say with a frown while looking up at him.

"Don't worry, they wouldn't eat if you're not there. Let's go, before Mike would go here and ask what take us to long." he turn around and told me to hop in on his back.

We walked out in my room and went to the dining room.

"Special delivery! Little Cloud is here." Cameron shout out and smiling.

"I'm sorry for waiting." I apologies as Cameron put me down on Grey's lap.

"It's okay, we thought you drown on your bathtub." Mickey's tease as he kiss me on forehead and take a seat.