Chapter 6

It was ninety-eight years after Aegon's Conquest on the fourth moon's cycle on the sixth day when Daenerys went into labor. She was surrounded by midwives and her handmaidens, "you're going to have to push now." Said one of the midwives.

Dany was in a lot of pain, she shook her head, "I don't think I fucking can."

"You can and you will." One of them encouraged, "come on."

Daenerys's eyes shut as she squeezed them as hard as she could, she pushed, letting out a groan in the process, "again."

Her eyes closed as she pushed, it was a painful experience, "again, one more time."

She opened her eyes, "what if I don't want to?" She said her voice quivering as she spoke.

"You have to. One more time, okay? Last time, I promise."

Dany squeezed her eyes shut and pushed, "I see the head!" One of them shouted, as they assisted with the birth.

"There. All done, I promise you last time." One of them said with a smile on her face, "it's a girl what shall we call her?"

"Aerulia." Daenerys spoke the name as if she'd picked it out a long time ago, "Targaryen." She whispered the last name quietly, "not Lannister." She stared into her daughter's eyes, those purple eyes, a small tuft of silver hair laid on on the top of her head, "Targaryen." She brought her daughter's face to her lips, giving her a soft kiss between her eyes.

Lancelot opened the door a few seconds later and approached his wife, "a girl, husband." She informed him.

He nodded his head, "what's her name?"

"Aerulia." He walked to her and reached for the babe.

"No." Dany said, her eyes filled with hatred as she pulled the babe away, "not now."

Lancelot rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, scowling, "she's my child as much as she's yours."

She isn't yours, Lance. Daenerys told herself, deciding not to anger him more, she gently laid Aerulia in his arms, getting to her feet shakily.

Two years have passed since the birth of Aerulia Targaryen; it was now the ending of the fifth month, a hundred years after Aegon's Conquest. Daenerys almost spit the tea out, she coughed as she swallowed on the balcony of her husband's room. Aerulia cried out in the room across from her husband's. Dany sat on the edge of the bed and sighed, resting her head in her hands. There was a soft knock at the door, she stood and walked to answer her, Lance was knocked out cold, it was a common occurrence especially after he fucked her.

"Hello," she whispered, it was a maester, who looked nervous.

"Princess, a word from your family." He handed her a small rolled up scroll, "it's from your brother."

Daenerys nodded, it'd been a while since she had heard from him, nevertheless she opened it as she silently descended the stairs. It was written in High Valyrian, she lit a candle in her own chambers as she skimmed across the page.

Dearest sister,

I hope this letter finds you well. I'm going to get straight to the point, our grandmother is dying. It's an illness that doesn't seem to have a cure. The maesters have tried everything. She wants you to be by her side as she passes. That's her only want. Return to King's Landing and say your goodbye that's all I can possibly request of you.

I know time and circumstance have seen us apart, I don't even know if you will read this, but if you do know that I still love you and I miss you. I've been missing you these past three years and I know you probably have to. Everything's so lonely, so quiet, without you.