Fine Line

It is said that as Targaryen they are closer to gods than men. Maybe that is true, maybe it's not... and it is also said that every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin. That could also be true or not. Perhaps the gods flipping a coin is true and there was a one in four chance that both twins born in 81 AC to Baelon, son of Jaehaerys and Alysanne, and his sister-wife, Alyssa would turn the out the way they did.

It seems luck wasn't on the Prince or Princesses side the day of their birth. When Prince Daemon and Princess Daenerys were born it is said by many historians that they were born within the same hour and amazingly enough within the same minute as each other. The realm celebrated their birth, their older brother Viserys placed a dragon egg in each of their cradles hoping they'd hatch, neither of them did.

Instead the twins had to work for their dragons, Daemon claimed Caraxes, who belonged to the eldest son of King Jaehaerys, Aemon. Daenerys didn't have it much easier either, she claimed Silverwing, mount to Queen Alysanne, her grandmother after her death.

From a young age it would seem, from the account of their father, grandfather and servants, they were inseparable. It would seem the gods also agreed that they were two halves of the same whole, one soul bound to find each other, drawn to each other's beauty, flaws and everything in between.

Daenerys, after she was three-and-ten, was a gorgeous sight to behold. With her silver hair, sharp jawline and lilac eyes, she was every lord and knight's dream, however her heart would only ever belong to one man. She would be the last born female Targaryen of her parents. She was smart as she was pretty, which she used to her advantage. All the lords and knights assumed she was dumb and pretty. Around this age, she received Ironheart, a Valyrian Steel sword. Which she used skillfully against her enemies, which she had plenty of.

Daemon, around the same age, would be the last male Targaryen of Baelon and Alyssa to survive his infant years. He was product of his Targaryen ancestors, embodying silver hair, violet eyes and a less sharp jawline than his twin sister, but sharper than most regular men. He was rash, arrogant and fit to take what he deemed to be his. He obtained a Valyrian Steel sword, Dark Sister which Visenya used during Aegon's Conquest.

As the story goes, they were restless and chaotic in their youth. They'd sneak out of the castle after dark and roam the streets of King's Landing and even Flea Bottom. On multiple occasions they were caught, but most of the time they managed to not be seem. And only the gods know what they did when they left the castle.

As they got older, their ways changed from night to night, they'd occasionally sneak out of the castle or they'd just stay the night in each other's room. And let the gods help anyone who tried to enter and the gods themselves only know what transpired in their rooms. They became less restless and chaotic, even though it was in their blood to be so. They shared the blood of the dragon and it ran thick in them, so they'd always remain restless and chaotic regardless to their age.

Their grandfather, the Wise King, knew something was amiss between the twins, however, he himself didn't want to admit it. His council which consisted of Otto Hightower as Hand, insisted he separate them before one of them does something that could ruin the other's reputation, Jaehaerys agreed and when Daemon and Daenerys were five-and-ten, they were betrothed to two different people, Daemon to Lady Rhae Royce of the Vale and Daenerys to Ser Lancelot Lannister of Casterly Rock, keeping them as far apart as they could possibly without putting either of them in harms way.

Dragons can't be separated easily, King Jaehaerys should've known better, they have a way of fighting with fire. And when dragon's dance, everything burns. He should've known that he couldn't fight fire with fire only to be burnt in return.

Jaehaerys realized the cold truth, that the only thing that could tear the House of the Dragon apart, was itself. He knew that the pair had to be separated and it was the only way they could...