Chapter 1

The day was approached when Princess Alyssa was due to give birth. It was midsummer's day eighty-one years after Aegon's Conquest, when the princess began her labors. It was an offly long labor, lasting for over thirty hours, but when the babe's head finally came, the maesters and midwives alike assisted the babe through its breach, "it's a boy, Princess." The midwife took the babe from its mother.

"Why do I still feel pain?!" The Princess shouted, looking around at the worried faces of the maesters and midwives.

The Grand Maester leaned forwards and said, "there's a second one and it's in breach."

"Shit, shit, shit!" Alyssa's cries could be heard through the door where her son, Viserys, waited anxiously for his now multiple siblings to be born.

The second one wasn't as difficult as the first, similarly to how they'd turn out as they got older, Princess, it's a girl."

The door creaked open, Viserys and his father, Baelon entered, "it's a boy and a girl, my Prince," the Grand Maester bowed his head at Baelon's entrance, "what shall they be called?"

It took Alyssa a second to reply, due to her groaning in agony, as both babe's took their first cry, "Daemon and Daenerys," she said as tears began to fall from her eyes.

It'd been a very difficult labor for her and to be blessed with two children instead of just one. That was a blessing from the Mother herself, Baelon stood next to his wife and held her hand, placing an arm around her shoulder. As dawn broke, it was truly a good sign from the gods.

Viserys soon placed two dragon eggs into the infant's cradles as both babe's slept in unison. It is said by those present in the room that Daenerys held her egg with her tiny arms. And Daemon being the small thing with little hands, pressed one hand against his egg.

It was a day of celebration across the realm, as not one, but two children were born into the House of the Dragon. Two children who'd see it to its near downfall, many decades later. Daemon was born first, less than a minute before his sister, Daenerys. Which all the maesters deemed to be an absolute miracle. They'd never seen two babes come out so quickly in succession to the one prior.

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" Baelon was reported to have asked his wife and son shortly afterwards.

"Yes, they are, husband." Alyssa had responded and Viserys just nodded, staring at the two tiny people who'd just come out of his mother.

The reason the labor was so long wasn't because the babes refused to come out, it was allegedly because Daenerys had a good hold on her brother's leg as if to say, don't leave me in here. But that could just be not true, there was no way of telling why Princess Alyssa's labor had lasted so long, but the maesters seemed to think that was the reason.

"Hurry up, Dany!" Daemon shouted from down the hall.

Daenerys turned to look down the door, the secret passage she didn't know even existed, they were seven when they found a way to sneak out of the Red Keep. She then ran after her brother, who took a hold of her hand as they always did. The pair were inseparable, even some of servants confused the two because of how close looking they were, which made it easy for them to get away with things, as an example, whenever Daemon didn't want to attend sword training, Daenerys would go instead of him, they had similar length hair, similar heights and their facial features were nearly identical, however, what their bodies would develop into in their latter years would be much different.

"This is what King's Landing looks like at night." Daenerys marveled at the site of the city below. A long staircase led from the area they looked out from down to the streets of the city.