Alastra: Alright, sweetheart, let's get you cleaned up~

I gently lowered him into the water and started to scrub the dirt of of his face which was hard because he kept trying to turn his face away, and I could tell he was trying to hide his blushing from me.

Alastra: It's alright, sweetie. Just hold still so I can get everything, we don't want everyone to see you still covered in dirt. Actually, that reminds me, I talked to them last night and I agreed to let them watch you today.

I could see a flicker of panic in his expression.

Lucas: W-what? They're going to watch me?

I nodded reassuringly, reaching out to gently cup his cheek.

Alastra: Yes, darling. They just want to make you feel welcome and help you adjust to your new home. It'll be fine, I promise.

(Lucas's POV)

That's why I was so nervous, I didn't want this to be my new home, but I didn't want to go home either, I was so confused. Alastra was the first person to actually be kind to me, but now, she kidnapped me. What does anyone do in a situation like that.

Lucas: B-but I- they...

She pat my head which made me tense up.

Alastra: Oh, sweetheart, I know this is all overwhelming for you. But trust me, you'll come to see that this is where you truly belong. You're safe here with me, and I'll do everything in my power to make sure you're part of a family, our family~

I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything. Eventually, she took me out of the bath I thought she was gonna dry me, but instead she swaddled me up in a towel.

Alastra: See? You're my little baby~

I felt a blush of embarrassment at her words, but I didn't protest as Alastra wrapped me in the towel. She cradled me in her arms, holding me close as she carried me back into the bedroom.

Alastra: Let's get you dressed, my little fawn~

Her tone was gentle, but there was an underlying sense of authority that made it clear she expected compliance. I didn't dare to argue as she selected an outfit for me, dressing me as if I were a helpless child.

Once I was dressed, Alastra sat me down on the bed and began to brush my hair with delicate strokes. Despite her motherly actions, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered within me.

Lucas: M-Mommy... can I ask you something?

I hesitated, unsure if I should voice my concerns, but the words spilled out before I could stop them.

Alastra glanced at me.

Alastra: Of course, my dear. What's on your mind?

I swallowed nervously, gathering my courage to speak.

Lucas: Why won't you let me leave? I thought you were only bringing me here because my Uncle was out.

Her smile faltered for a moment, a flicker of something crossing her eyes before she composed herself.

Alastra: Oh, my sweet fawn. I brought you here because I saw how lost and alone you were in the woods. I couldn't bear to leave you there, vulnerable and unprotected. As for leaving... well, this is your home now. You belong with me, with us~

Just then a knock came from the bedroom door.

(Alastra's POV)

Now I knew sharing him was going to be difficult but can't a mother have a moment with her baby?
I got up to answer the door, and when I opened it I saw Charlie in the doorway.