Epilogue: Forbidden Tree Of Knowledge

Start from the beginning

"Of course, let's go to the room full of soulless bodies." Yaldaboath motioned for her to follow him as he walked ahead, leading the way into his humble abode. Sophia looked up. The spacecraft was a tall black tower of at least twenty metres in height—a monster-sized shadow to his owner. It scanned Eden with its many neon-lit eyes perched on its one leg—the anchor foot claiming a share of land in Sophia's new world. The ship served as an amplifier for Sophia's doubt over Yaldaboath's actual intention.

Was she right to call on ignorance to fight her battle against Pleroma?

"I hope your kind has wings."

Sophia chortled with a pain stuck at the back of her throat. There was no way back from this. "All of them do, but not me."

"It's alright; they had probably deprived this right from you too." Yaldaboath suddenly wrapped his strong arms around her body, tightening his grip and crimson gaze over the bag of souls at her waist, and they both flew on his wings to the top floor of his home.

Bright white light blasted on as their feet landed at its doorsteps. Rows after rows of circular pods illuminated one by one, but only ten of them contained something inside. They were ten fully grown foetuses lost in a myriad of black tubes that injected them with nutrients as well as water to flush over their frail bodies from their own waste.

The complex machinery engineered to replace one female's organ to grow a child.

At their only sight, Sophia stretched out her hand to rest over their glass artificial womb, tears bursting out of her eyes. They were all so magnificent and pure.

Her head then turned to her acolyte. "Yaldaboath, I wanted to say sorry to you for my husband's behaviour. Lucifer didn't have the right to publicly shame you over our ideas. We might not agree with each other, but what he did to you was not right."

Yaldaboath simply gave a single, gloomy snort from across the room. "Thanks," he said as he moved closer to her and touched a button on a control to send a pod forward to face Sophia. As it got closer, her joined hands pressed over her mouth, joy swirling within her into a strong whirlpool. The tiny being within had all her features, including a button nose, terracotta complexion, and the plumpest of cheeks.

A smile, too, broke Yaldaboath's stoic demeanour at Sophia's happiness. "It doesn't matter now, as we will create together a better world than the Pleroma without his help or any of the Aeons' help. You did what was right by stealing those crystals from them."

His words caused Sophia to throw herself into his arms. "Thank you, Yaldaboath; he is beautiful." With a sigh, her voice faltered even more from the weight of her gratitude. "My Adam is beautiful."

"They will regret having made you the lowest of all the Aeons, Sophia." Yaldaboath took her hand and pressed a kiss on it. "You're so much more than what they said."

The compliment rewarded him with another of her smiles, but she was not the only one expecting a child from this. "Where is yours?" Her eyes gleamed with excitement. "Where are your almighty warrior and his army?"

Yaldaboath gave his head a scratch and then pushed a second button to bring his pod forward. His child, to the contrary to the one from Sophia or unlike himself or anybody else, possessed ashen skin. Only his bright red hair made them related.

"The only one of all my new Archon breeds." A satisfied grin now crowned his face as he continued. "My one and almighty son."

"He is beautiful!"

"He is not!" Yaldaboath bellowed before throwing his most distasteful glare over the smaller Sophia at her remark. She only curled her shoulders, making herself smaller in his presence. "He is deadly!" A booming laugh echoed out of his mouth in this moment as he carried on. "Only he can kill me, but I'll make sure this will never happen!" He then stretched out his palm towards her. "Now give me one of your crystals for him!"