Chapter - 13: Mother's Concern (Part - C)

Start from the beginning

Roohi and Abhir were playing Mastermind. Roohi was waiting for Abhir who was in the washroom, when all three of them entered. 

"Bhai kahan hain?" Rohan asked and Neil shrugged. He wanted to know the same.

"Inhe nahi pata Chachu. Yeh sogaye the. Poppy jog pe gaye. Aajayenge jaldi wapis." 

Roohi rushed to hug Rohan. Rohan responded and held her close until she pulled out on her own. He missed her a lot and whenever he got upset with her, he missed her a little more.

"Abhi sab cool hain na. Aap bilkul gussa nahi ho na?" Roohi asked, just for clarity. 

"Nahin hoon gussa. In fact, bahut bahut zyada khush hoon aur proud bhi." 

Saying so, Rohan lifted her up and twirled her in the air just like she loved. Ever since she was a child, she always wanted Rohan to do that and that never changed as she grew up.

"Hello ji! Main bhi hoon yahan. Yaad hain na...sirf maine tujhe free pass diya tha." Anahita taunted. 

"Ofcourse Di. Aur mujhe yeh bhi yaad hain ki aapne Chachu se sirf isliye pyaar kiya kyunki aapne unko mere saath dekha. Warna aapko toh khadus lage the na" 

Roohi outsmarted Anahita with her sweet talk and winked at her. Anahita was being glared by Rohan and she shrugged sheepishly. 

"You my girl are a snitch!" She blamed Roohi who just laughed it off. 

After few minutes, Abhir walked out of the washroom, all freshened up and smiled at Rohan. He didn't see Anahita yet who was playing with Roohi on his behalf. It's been so long that he met his buddy, his Rohan Chachu. He missed him. He walked to Rohan and told him, 

"I missed you Chachu. Aap milne bhi nahi aa rahe ho aaj kal." He complained. 

"Tere Dad hi mujhe idhar, udhar bhejte rehte hain. Yeh complaint unse karo." Rohan replied and gave him a side hug. 

Abhir hissed when Rohan's hand came in contact with the cut and soon had everyone's attention. Especially Anahita's. She was glued to the game because it demanded lot of concentration and didn't notice when Abhir actually came out of the washroom. 

His yelp made her watch out. What she saw made her eyes blaze. There were multiple bandages on Abhir. She knew he had a couple of bruises already, but she didn't know how the boy managed to hurt himself again within a span of few hours. 

She could see at least 2 fresh bandages and she immediately reached him to check on him. Abhir's eyes widened in realization. He was super scared about Anahita's reaction. She hates seeing him all bruised and gave him a serious warning just a couple of days ago to not get any more bruises and to be watchful. 

Her words were still ringing in his ears and now here he is. If she gets to know that he didn't get hurt because of his accident-prone nature and instead hurt himself in anger, he will be a gone case. He was already scolded enough for the day. He didn't want more but he didn't know how to escape either.