Rules and Information

Start from the beginning

- No harsh criticism or hate comments will be tolerated! EVEN IF an author has explicitly asked for feedback, it must be constructive. The password is your favourite lgbt+ work on wattpad.

- Thoughtful comments that are relevant to the book are preferred. You are encouraged to share your reactions while reading, whether heartfelt or funny. Let's support and uplift our fellow authors!

What do I do if someone is leaving hateful comments or giving me feedback when I have explicitly asked not to be given any?
Please contact any of the mods (list below) via DM on wattpad or discord, and we will take the necessary steps to ensure a safe experience for everyone.

How do I log?

- Your logs are completed via in-line comments at the 'log' section under your name in each month's list.

- Though you are responsible for counting your own points, your logs must be made in the 'Rainbow Booklub' book in the name of transparency. Mods will be randomly double-checking that you have a) fulfilled the requirements, and b) counted your points correctly.

- The log formatting looks like this:

<Title> by <tag author>
<authors category>
<no. chapters read> (and specify which)

- Don't worry if it looks complicated! The mods are here to help you if you need it.

What do I do if someone has logged a chapter of my book they did not comment on?
Please contact any of the mods (list below) via DM on wattpad or discord.

What are the categories and points? And how do they work?

- This bookclub runs on a point system where authors are separated into categories based on how much they have read the previous month.

- You are responsible for counting your own points before 6 PM UTC time on the last day of each month. If you need some guidance, please contact any of the mods!

The points system is as follows:

Newbies - 1 pt
Raindrops - 2 pt
Rainbows - 3 pt
Mods - 4 pt
Event books - 5 pt
Book of the month - 6 pt
Birthdays - 6 pt ONLY on one day

Newbies (1 pt)
This category is for new members. You will be put in this category for your first month before being moved up to members, rainbows, or BotM, depending on how much reading you did. This is intended to avoid people joining the club only to leave a month later. By having a trial period, we hope you prove your commitment.

Raindrops (2 pt)
This category is for members who have fulfilled the requirements of the club the previous month.

Rainbows (3 pt)
This category is for members who earned 60+ points the previous month. For example, if you read 15 chapters of a member book and 12 chapters of a rainbow book then your points will be (15x2 + 12x3) = (30 + 36) = 66 points

Mods (4 pt)
This category is for our mods team to reward them for the work they put in to keep the community running smoothly. This is not an attainable category.

Event (5 pt)
This category is for the member who wins the event roulette (using a lucky wheel) on discord. You must be on the discord server to be viable for this category. If you win the event category, you must host an event of your choice on the server. We kindly ask that you do not put your name into the roulette if you are uncertain about hosting an event for any reason.
These books will only stay in this category for one month, and then they'll be moved to either raindrops, rainbows, or BotM, depending on how much they've read during this time.

Book of the month (6 pt)
This category is for the member who accumulated the highest number of points the previous month. This category has one book each month. You may host an event on our discord server if you desire. You cannot be 'book of the month' within three months of getting it last, EVEN IF you read the most.

Birthday books (6 pt ONLY on one day)
This category is just for fun. Join our discord and select your birthday to be applicable. Your book will be moved to the birthday category for your birthday. To accommodate for time zones, members may log a book under the birthday category +/- one day. Your book will be in whatever category you reached the previous month for all other days of the month. Note: newbie members are not eligible for birthday books.

Can I go on hiatus?

- If you know that you will be unable to fulfil the bookclub requirements for a month or two or simply need a break but do not want to leave the club, you can go on hiatus.

- You may stay on hiatus however long you need but you must communicate to us each month if you wish to stay on hiatus. Failure to do so will result in you being removed from the club.

- If you have not logged any reads on any month, you will be put on hiatus automatically and removed the following month if you haven't reached out to us.

- Once removed you may rejoin on a later month. However, we only allow removed members to rejoin twice, after which if they're still inactive they will be removed permanently.

Other notes

- We do not allow discrimination or harassment of any kind. Such behaviour will result in you being permanently banned from the club and the discord server.

- Please note that due to the laid-back nature of this club, there are no assigned readings. As such, there is no guarantee that your book will gain reads each month even if you fulfil the minimum requirements.

- However, if you read more for other authors there's a higher chance of getting more reads back. You may also be spotlighted as the Book of the Month!

- Interacting with other writers is the best way to get them interested in your work. As such, we recommend being active on the discord server.

- Please note that most of our members do not speak English as a native language. Therefore their comments may appear rude without intention.

- Also note that tone is often difficult to interpret in text. Please give everyone the benefit of the doubt when they are interacting with you.

- Joining our discord is optional but we recommend it so that you can form personal connections with the other authors in this club! The link to join is in our bio.

List of moderators

You may contact our mods for any questions, concerns, or issues rising within either the bookclub or the discord server:

itsmeimthevampire
pixelmum
erifnidne
mygoodbones
empiresofwater
clownceo

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜