Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

An unknown number flashed on my screen and had texted me an address. I stare at it confused waiting for another text to come in explaining.

I had to discreetly alternate between looking at my phone and the board to avoid my teacher noticing my lack of attention.

Once I glance back down I see: Address for the party tonight bubbles. You better be there.

The realization hits that it was Rizzo. I roll my eyes smiling slightly as I saved his number before looking back up to concentrate on the teacher.

As class went on I debated going to a party on a school night. That meant that if I stayed too late or did something stupid, I would want to stay home the next day and random unexplainable illnesses are going to start making my parents suspicious.

It wasn't like I could simply ask permission to go to parties because they wouldn't trust me enough to be responsible. On top of that they would never even consider letting me out on a school night to a strangers home. My only choice was to sneak out, so that meant I had to be responsible at the party or suffer a shitty day in school.

I also had to see who would go with me because there was no way I was going to a party in which Rizzo is the only person I know. He has an extremely extroverted and energetic personality, I would lose him in seconds.

The bell rings announcing lunch and I rise enthusiastically to go in search of my friends.

I quickly find Maddie and Maya already at the picnic table and skidded to a stop in front of them.

"Look. There's something I want to do and before you say no— Madison— hear me out."
"No." She immediately answers assuming it was something horrible. I scoff throwing my hands up, "You don't even know what it is yet." She crosses her arms willing to listen.

"There's a party tonight, and I know it's a school night but look, we're seniors. This is our last year before we're like— full on adults. I want to enjoy it. So I think we should go."

"I'm in." Maya agrees with a shrug, Maddie rolls her eyes, "Fine. But we can't be idiotically irresponsible."

I smirk, proud of myself for actually getting them to agree as fast as I did.

"Yay."
"What are you saying "yay" about?" The boys join us and Jayden squeezes my side before plopping down in front of me.

"I've convinced my lady friends to go to a party with me on a school night."
"What? And you weren't going to invite me?"
"Well you haven't given me a chance, you just jumped in asking me what I was yay-ing about."

He chuckles settling in his seat, "Who's house is it?" I make a face, "How should I know?" Maddie scoffs in disbelief, "You don't even know where it is?" My arms fold over my chest and I roll my eyes at her, "I didn't say I didn't know where it was, I said I didn't know who's house it was. Nosey." She sticks her tongue out at me childishly while Jayden shakes his head at us both, amused.

"You promise you're not gonna do anything stupid tonight?" I scoff, "Nothing by mistake at least."

————

The music was booming, making me feel vibrations in my chest and if it was even possible the house was bigger than the last party I'd been to.

Jayden holds my hand making an effort not to lose me, while Maddie attaches herself to Maya since Ryan didn't feel like coming.

"That's so weird, throwing a party on a weekday. What do you gain?"
"All the lame smart kids don't go." Maya answers with a smirk. Sounded like a pretty smart plan but it didn't take into account the fun cool kids who just have strict parents.