Untitled Part 30

You woke up to too much warmth but the thrill that shot through you washed away all lingering sense of sleep. Charles and Lando were curled around you having arrived home sometime during the night, replacing the giant Pokemon teddy that was dumped unceremoniously onto the floor beside Lando.

"Lan," you whispered, gently shaking his shoulder. A deep groan exhaled with a snore before he slowly blinked his eyes open and found you grinning down at him. "There's my Winner."

His smile was drowsy as he rolled onto his back and pulled you into his arms so your head could rest on his chest. His steady heartbeat thumped against your ear and you didn't realise how quiet the nights had been without hearing that sound beneath your head.

"Did it for you, babe."

"Really?"

"Mhmm, I had to do something big to make sure you didn't forget me while we were gone."

"Showoff." You giggled and draped a leg over his, cozying up as much as you comfortably could. "I missed you."

"Missed you. Glad to see you are in one piece too. I knew my little girl would wait patiently for us to get home." Lando carefully unwrapped himself from you and shuffled down the bed, brushing up the oversized Quadrant shirt you had stolen from his new merch line. "You can come out anytime now, sweetheart. The sooner the better, if you are ready. Please be ready."

Lando waited a moment to see if he would get a kick in response but there was nothing and he sighed as he flopped back onto the pillow. "Silent treatment already."

"She's probably still sleeping," you said as you kissed his disappointed frown. "You should go back to sleep too, baby."

You carefully climbed over him but he caught your hips and trapped you straddling him. You couldn't see clear enough in the dim light but you were sure his eyes were darkening as he hummed happily. "Can't sleep with you teasing me like that."

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was trying to get up to go pee." You wiggled enough for him to bite his lip before swinging your leg off and dashing to the bathroom while he groaned at the loss of your body.

"That wasn't very nice," you heard him whine as you closed the door. You would not miss the rapid fire bathroom breaks that came with the last trimester, that was for certain.

The relief of emptying your bladder was short lived as you wiped and the loud sound of disgust you made had a thump sounding on the bedroom floor before quick feet sprinted into the bathroom, busting the door wide open. Lando squinted against the bright light before finding you still sat on the toilet with the tissue paper still in your hand.

"What's wrong? Is that blood? Shit, Charles!"

"Stop!" you hissed before he woke your mother up from her room down the hall. "It's not...blood...at least I don't think so..."

Charles skidded into the bathroom looking absolutely dishevelled as he tried to take in what he was seeing. "Amour, what's wrong?"

"I think I've lost my mucus plug."

"Mucus plug..." he murmured, rubbing his tired eyes as he mentally scanned the pregnancy books he had read with Lando.

"Yes!" Lando shouted, his hand turning to an enthusiastic fist. "That means you might be going into labour soon."

Charles' eyes widened with excitement and they embraced each other with a laugh, proudly chatting about how their daughter was a good girl waiting for them to come home.

"Excuse me," you interrupted, clearing your throat. "Can I have some privacy?"

They looked a little sheepish and backed out of the bathroom, closing the door so you could finish your routine. It was only when you were washing your hands, facing yourself in the mirror that you saw the excitement in your own eyes. Praying the old wives tale was right, you dried your hands and stepped back into the bedroom.