Forged in Honor{Leon x OC}

Start from the beginning

"One of the things my royal council refuses to change. Thus I offered her this position. My second in command. Though young and beautiful, Fa Mingzhu is one of the most talented fighters of our people."

"He likes to flatter people. Like right now, he only sees the good."

"Some might say that's a strength," Merlin spoke bringing the attention to him. "Emperor Zhao, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"A pleasure to meet the legendary Emrys. Though Mingzhu tells me your name is something else." Merlin nodded and blushed slightly. The way the Emporer spoke felt like a warm hug from an old friend.

"Merlin. I apologize on behalf of our own Court Sorceress. We needed someone to stay behind and look after the kingdom, being the Emperor's niece makes her knowledgeable to run it like how his majesty wants to." Nodding his head Merlin held out his hand in the attempt of handshake.

Something she returned with a soft smile. It was now that Merlin realized how short she was.

"Please let me introduce you to our most notable Knights of the Round Table. Sir Leon, Sir Percival, Sir Elyan, Sir Lancelot, and Sir Gwaine." The men greeted and bowed their heads slightly but a certain knight caught her attention.

"Sir Leon, was it?" The man froze, not knowing what to do. He had been staring at her since the moment she dismounted her lizard. More so when she took off her helmet and when the Emperor explained a portion of her tale. Blinking nervously, Leon answered her question.

"Y-yes, my lady." The Knights next to him either looked away, bit their cheeks, or smiled smugly looking at the scene in front of them.

"After Merlin reached out I learned everything I could about Camelot, including its protectors. It impressed me how you've stood by King Arthur. You're very honorable, a trait well respected where I come from." Though she complimented him, he couldn't help but get lost in her eyes. Unlike him, hers were a dark shade of black that with the rays of the sun made them look like small galaxies waiting to be defined.

Her hair looked matted in some parts but it didn't matter. He wondered how she ever was able to make something that looked complicated, appear so simple on herself.

"Well, thank you. I'm ashamed to say I don't know anything about Bugai but I would love to learn." This very clearly made her happy, shown by the small dimples at the side of her lips when she smiled brighter.

"Mingzhu! I need you here, Merlin wants to discuss something. You can challenge them to a fight later." Flustered at her majesties chastizing she gave one last look at Leon through her lashes and ran off to catch up with her Emperor. A snort of amusement broke Leon's gaze from her.

Snapping his head to the far end of the lineup, Gwaine was looking down attempting to hold in a laugh. Poorly might I add. Leon gave him a strange look and continued to follow the others with the knights behind him.

"She seems intriguing," Elyan said making Leon hum in response. She seemed like her own writer of the story. Decisive, intelligent, delicate, firm, efficient. Remembering the sheath at her side, Leon wondered how well her dueling skills were. He was also interested in how they varied in regions, seeing as the Bugainians had a different style of life.

"Very beautiful for a woman in her position," Gwaine inquired to no one in particular. The vivid image of her face and the small scar on her face came to Leon's mind. The baby hairs dangled on her front from being shaken out of place from removing her helmet. Her stature was quite amusing to him, she was a small woman but had the presence of someone like Percival.

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" Liars, all of them. Especially Gwaine.

"Never mind, meet in the courtyard for training around noon."