She grabbed her other bag and took it into her bathroom and emptied it. Now she could take a shower. She flipped the water on, and slipped in. She took her time, washing her hair, and bathing herself before she finally got out and dried off.

I'm on my way back up.

Good. She was starving. She dressed quickly then headed out to the kitchen as her parents walked in.

Caleb sat the plate down on the table, and Gabby sat down in front of it. "Thank you."

He nodded and sat down with her. Charlotte sat down on her other side. She sighed, knowing they were going to ask questions.

"So who are you trying to avoid?" Caleb asked her.

She cringed. How did he know? She bit her lip. "My mate."

"What?" Charlotte exclaimed.

"Why?" Caleb asked, his mouth hanging open in shock.

She looked down at her plate, her appetite suddenly gone. How was she supposed to explain this to them? They would think she was crazy for doing what she'd done. She was starting to think she was crazy for it. For avoiding the situation and him all of this time.

"It's someone in this pack, isn't it?" Caleb asked her.

"Yes."

He sat there, quiet for several moments, thinking over that. She knew it wouldn't take him long to put it together. She glanced at him, and saw he was mind linking someone. Her gaze darted to her mother and she realized he was mind linking her.

He turned back to her. "I don't even know where to start with this."

She deflated a bit.

"This is why you've barely been home, isn't it," Charlotte said.

She nodded, looking down. Charlotte reached over and took her hand.

"Does he know?" Caleb asked her.

"I don't know," she responded softly.

"This has been ongoing since you turned eighteen?" Caleb asked.

"Yes. Since the night of my birthday," she murmured.

"How are you not obsessing about marking him?" Charlotte asked her.

"She's avoided him. She's never confirmed it," Caleb said with a frown.

"No I haven't," she agreed.

"How does Reese feel about all of this?" Charlotte asked her.

"It's a point of contention between us," she mumbled. Reese hated the fact that Gabby avoided him.

"Why? Why are you avoiding him?" Caleb asked her.

"He's going to reject me," she said, a tear falling down her cheek.

"You don't know that," Charlotte said softly.

"I dream it every night. Every night I get rejected," she said softly. The tears were really starting to flow now.

"Oh Gabby. Why haven't you just confronted him then? Why put yourself through this?" Caleb asked her, moving closer and wrapping an arm around her.

"I don't know. I just.. I don't even know anymore," she mumbled.

"Who is it?" Charlotte asked.

Gabby shook her head. "I don't want to say."

"I think I know, but I'm not going to push you. But you need to confront him and get this over with. He may surprise you," Caleb told her.

"I doubt it. But you're right. I need to confront him and get this over with," she said. She had to, for her own peace of mind.

"You never know Gabby," Charlotte agreed.

"No matter what happens, we'll be here for you. We'll get you through this, if it ends in rejection. But you can't keep avoiding him. Especially now," Caleb told her.

She sighed softly. She knew he was right. She needed to for her own piece of mind. Under her own control too. She didn't want to suddenly walk around a corner and walk into him. That could be disastrous. "I will. I have to."

"If you don't, I'm going to bug you about it until you do. Im serious, Gabby. I want my bright sunny girl back," Caleb told her.

She sucked in a breath. "I will Dad. I want to go to bed."

He nodded and let her go. She stood and left the room, disappearing into the safety of her own room and crawled into bed. Another night, another rejection. She sighed sadly.

Caleb looked at his mate and sighed. I cannot believe she's done this.

Do you know who it is?

I have a few guesses but I'm going to wait until she tells us.

She might not, Charlotte said.

I know. And if she chooses not to, then so be it. But if it's who I think it is, I think she might be surprised.

That he'll accept her?

Yeah. I could be wrong, but I rarely am. He flashed her a smile.

In this case I hope you're not.

Me too. My heart is heavy for her.

Mine too. Let's go relax and watch a movie, Charlotte suggested.

Okay. He stood and so did she, and he followed her down the hall to their room.