𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 20

Comincia dall'inizio

"We're searching for him as fast as we can, Y/n. But I need you to go to dinner at your mom's tonight, pretend as if it's just another dinner, and make sure she's safe. We'll have some cruisers circle around the back of the house," he says, trying to remain calm as I could feel a vein piercing into my forehead as I clench my jaw.

"How am I supposed to pretend knowing that my mother is in danger when she's not even in my sight?" I ask, trying to breathe deeply and unclench my jaw.

"You need to try for her sake... We'll have guys looking after her. You just gotta trust me, Y/n. I have to go, my chief needs me. I'll call you with any updates, okay?" he says, as I remained worried out of my mind before hanging up on him, not saying a single word. I wipe all of my documents off the desk roughly and completely out of anger as I grab my hair roughly, trying to stop myself from screaming aloud in my office. I heard a soft knock on the door, which I assume is Lisa.

"Ms. Y/l/n, are you okay in there?" She asks worriedly. I take a deep breath before responding word for word, trying to.

"I'm fine, Manoban. Could you go check the second floor and see how everything is down there for me, please?!" I shout semi-loudly as I hear footsteps beginning to disappear from my front door. I crouch down and look up at my ceiling before looking at the mess before me that resembled my life as I once knew it.

Pretend everything's okay, huh?

*Later on that same night*

I stood, simply removing my dress shirt from today as I pull out the other half of the suit I was going to wear tonight and lay it out onto my desk. Slowly, I remove the plastic, taking the crisp white dress shirt out and place my arms into both the sleeves as I hear a small knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I ask promptly before I heard a small voice call out.

"Well, I'll give you a hint: it's a woman with delicious curves," she giggles before talking once again. "It's me, Daddy."

"Come on in, babygirl," I say, smiling as she slips inside my office with a simple black dress on, featuring a beautiful neckline that looks formal but utterly sexy on her, paired with matching heels with lava red tips.

"You look phenomenal, baby," I say, grinning as she wraps her arms around my neck, giving me a peck on my lips.

"You look good even if you are half dressed, even though I prefer you without any clothing on myself," she smirks as I shake my head, continuing to button my top.

"As long as you don't say that at the dinner table, I think you'll be golden," I say sincerely, causing Jennie to giggle a bit as my smile falters a bit, causing Jennie to raise a bit of an eyebrow.

"I heard from around the way that there was a bit of yelling coming from your office today. Is everything okay?" Jennie asks, tilting her head to the side as I shake my head, still trying to keep a brave face.

"I'm good, Jennie, just a client getting on my nerves, you know, the usual," I say, lying like a dog, hoping she wouldn't notice, but for all I know, she could've seen right through me.

"If there's anything I can do, let me know, okay?" She says, caressing my cheek as I kiss her forehead and nod my head, throwing my black suit jacket on and quickly buttoning it.

"How do I look?" I ask her, as she simply shakes her head and smiles devilishly at me.

"I can't wait for the dinner to begin and end as well as you look,Daddy" she says seductively as I place the hanger back into the closet, shutting it before turning to face her.

"Shall we?" I ask, smiling a bit, offering my arm towards her. She gratefully accepts it and walks with me out of my office, gripping my bicep tightly, caressing my hand with her own as we take the elevator down to the garage where my car is parked.

"My lady," I say, finally unlocking the car door and opening it for her. She kisses my cheek before getting inside as I shut the door and head towards the driver's seat. She buckles her seatbelt as I do the same before putting my key in the ignition, cranking the engine, and pulling out of the parking lot.

*Several minutes later*

As we finally inched closer to my ma's house we saw a large squad cars surrounding her house as blue and red lights flash causing me to step on the gas and try to pull up even faster to see what was going only to see cops crowding the house putting yellow tape around the front lawn as my Uncle stood at the front door as I parked illegally causing Jennie to cover her mouth gasping calling my name out as I instantly hopped out of my car going towards my Uncle who had a utterly pale face.

"Frankie where's Mom?" I ask worriedly as he takes his officer hat off trying to look me in the eyes as I attempted to go into the house causing him to stop me as I saw a trail of blood on the living room floor

"Frankie, let me in! What the hell is going on?!" I ask, finally shoving him out of the way onto the ground, following the trail of blood. My heart thumps rapidly as I see the destruction of the house, with the smallest window broken and the couch flipped over. I hear pictures being snapped from my mom's master bedroom before I sneak in to see officers hovering over a dead body, causing my heart to stop beating altogether. I let out a blood-curdling scream that echoes throughout the house.

"MA, NOOO!!" I shout at the very top of my lungs as cops try to pull me out of the crime scene where the body lies.

.
.
.