19. Don't Forget

The summer vacation ends on April 23rd, and Subham and Mrinal both plan to leave for the college on the 22nd.

"Have you packed your things?" Miss Sudha asked both Subham and Mrinal.

Subham nodded and replied, "We have."

"What is Mrinal doing right now? I haven't seen him from the morning." Miss Sudha asked curiously.

"He told me he's going to make something in the kitchen, he's busy with that." Subham replied and got up from the sofa, "Let me see if he's done with it."

"I'm going to have a look too. Wherever I don't see him either he's making something new or messing with you." Miss Sudha laughed when she spoke about Mrinal.

"He is a restless cat, doesn't know how to sit still." Subham also laughed along with her.

As Subham got closer to the kitchen he smelled the steamy, thick, and rich aroma of ghee wafting out from the kitchen.

"Are you making ghee?" Miss Sudha asked Mrinal, who was busy filtering the ghee.

"Yes, Maa." Mrinal replied and looked up, "Husband, Maa, do you want to eat it?"

"Ghee? No." Subham refused.

"Not ghee! Here look at this." Mrinal showed him the residues filtered out from the ghee, "It's delicious you should try it."

"No." Subham still refused mainly because he had never tasted something like this before and it looked greasy and the color was questionable as it looked a mix of golden brown and dark brown, with lumps-like texture.

"Forget about him, you can give me some. The last time it was made at home I was out of town and didn't get a chance to eat it. Don't mind his denial, he will have to eat it even if he doesn't want to."

"That won't happen." Subham is still denied.

"Look a how much you are sweating; you should have called someone to help you if it's too hard." Subham wiped Mrinal's face with a handkerchief, "Last time you fainted because of heat and fatigue but it seems you still haven't learned your lessons. Huh?"

"I'm not that delicate." Mrinal pouted and denied him, "Anyway, I'm measured."

"Haha. Looking at you two, it seems you have been married for five years. Even your quarrels are the same." Miss Sudha laughed.

Mrinal also giggled and when Miss Sudha wasn't paying attention, he stuck out his tongue at Subham and said, "My old husband, you should try it."

Subham stood behind Mrinal looking down at his innocent face Subham smiled and wrapped his hands around Mrinal's stomach, "I think naughty kids should be punished."

"Huh?" Mrinal was confused but soon he understood what Subham meant.

"Ah! ha ha hhahahahah! Husb... Oh husband~ don't haha don't, it's tickle." Mrinal laughed hard when Subham tickled his stomach.

"Say what were you saying again, old? You are courageous." Subham kept moving his hands across Mrinal stomach until both of them sat down on the ground one after another.

Miss Sudha also laughed along with them and told them, "Don't mess around in the kitchen, go out and fight all you want."

Miss Sudha walked out soon after.

"Huh? What are you doing?" Subham asked Mrinal who suddenly straddled on his waist.

"Revenge, you can't get up now," Mrinal spoke.

Subham looked up at Mrinal who smiled like a cat making a successful sneak attack, "Do you think I can't get up?"

"Yes," Mrinal replied without hesitation.