Chapter 14: A late night snack

Start from the beginning

The elemental master of earth sighed, leaning onto the side of the kitchen's island. Boboiboy--sensing the fact that cole wasn't going to left him walk out of this--dropped his smile and act. It was like trying to get past quake, simply impossible.

The elemental hero would walk beside Cole. However, he would instead push himself up to sit down on the edge of the kitchen's island.

"So.. what's wrong?" Cole said, turning to face boboiboy. "I'm just kinda homesick.. that's all" he'd reply, with Cole frowning at that, he understood how he felt, infact, the whole team did... although, in their own way.

But this was different, nya & kai are orphan.. they didn't exactly have any attachments to anyway when they left; other than how much kai missed his little sister when they were separated. As for zane, he didn't exactly either, he was technically an orphan aswell, but it was pretty rough when he did find out he wasn't human. Jay did miss his parents, although he never admits it to anyone else on the team out of embarrassment, and secretly, he's happy when the duo do vist.

And as for lloyd currently.. he missed his dad. It actually makes cole both sad & mad when it comes to the relationship between lloyd and his parents. But garmadon did care about his son and misako is doing better, so he learned to forgive and forget. But it did hurt to see the younger's reaction to his fathers.. "death".

As for cole himself, he didn't have the best relationship with his dad, and while it was getting better it still had some bits that needed work. And as for his mom well... there was nothing he could do, at least they had a good mother & son relationship before she...

Nevermind.

"So.. homesickness huh.. well.. what do you miss?" The earth ninja questioned, curious as to what the elemental boys story was.

"My friends.. family.." he'd reply, with Cole nodding understandingly.

"I just.. I miss them! And you guys remind me of them sometimes! Sometimes kai reminds me of my friend fang! Zane and nya sometimes reminds me of my friends yaya and ying! And you!.." boboiboy ranted, his voice softening as he turned to face cole. Quieting down as he realized that he kinda blew up a bit there.

Cole didn't respond, placing a hand on boboiboy's shoulder. "I'm sorry cole.. I didn't mean to.." before boboiboy could finish his apology the earth ninja pulled him in for a hug; the slices of cake from earlier completely forgotten on the counter.

It was quiet for a moment, before boboiboy went to hug the ninja back, mabey he needed this more than he thought.

"I can't say things I'm not sure of.. but I will tell you this.. no matter what happens, we will always be by your side when you need us" Cole said, taking off boboiboy's hat with one hand before brushing through his hair with the other to comfort him.

"But what if-", "no "what if"s "and" or "but"s about it! Even if you go all evil on us for a little while or go by to your world we'll be by your side.. you're not alone into this you know, even if you're stay in our universe might not be forever.. we're still you're family.. right?" Cole continued, cutting the younger off when he tried to say something else in disagreement.

Boboiboy looked up at the other, speechless, before a small smile formed on his face and be nodded. Cole was right, he wasn't alone, his friends might be looking for a way to get him back home in his world right now! And he had the ninja on his side too in this one!