8

"Aasim, you're fired. Emaan, you will not go anywhere without Ibrahim, he will be your night guard as well." Khalid decides.

"What? You might as well have me marry him." Emaan says sarcastically.

"That's not a bad idea." Khalid replied, deep in thought.

"What?!" Ibrahim and Emaan replied.

"If you marry him then he can always watch over you, you'd be able to go out with him." Khalid continues.

"Mr. Khan, with all respect-"

"We should do it." Emaan says.

"Please, I want to leave the gates again and you might be my only opportunity." Emaan pleads with him.

Ibrahim looked up at her for a moment, taking in the pleading look in the girl's dark brown eyes before lowering his gaze back to the floor.

"Okay, Mr. Khan, with your blessing, I will marry her." Ibrahim accepts.

"You will marry her in one month, Aasim and I will watch over her until then." Khalid says happily.

"I thought you said I was fired, sir." Aasim said.

"Shut up, this is important." Khalid shushes him.

"Okay, Ms. Khan, please don't go missing again while I'm gone." Ibrahim says lightly.

"Baba, I changed my mind." Emaan jokes back.

"Nope, too late, you're marrying him." Khalid pulls her in for another hug, still processing that his daughter was safe.