"But nah, you cool for real? You always been a teacher's pet ass nigga so seeing you roll yo' eyes at Sims was weird." Neno asked me.

Whenever I was sad, my exterior vibe would give off irritated or bitchy. My sadness rubbed off as attitude when in reality I just wanted to go in a bathroom stall and cry.

"I'm cool it's just some family shit."

"You copying me now."

"We just so happen to be going through shit at the same time I guess." I shrugged, knowing that I had only copied his saying to be petty.

If he wouldn't open up then I wouldn't either.

"You know you can talk to me.."

"And I hope you know you can talk to me too. Cause somethings been bothering you too but you just won't say it. So until then, we just two cool motherfuckas." I crossed my arms.

"I'll tell you. In due time."

This time nigga and this due time shit.

...

    I sat in the gym watching the basketball players run up and down the court. It was third quarter and our team was currently losing. We hadn't scored in this quarter at all which was making me mad, especially since the coach had taken Neno out the game.

He would constantly take Neno out the game then put him back in when we desperately needed it. I could tell from the bench that he was pissed and so was I.

"Put number eleven back in!" I heard a person yell making me turn around and clap in agreement.

We had other good players on the team but in this quarter they just were not doing what was supposed to be done.

It was obvious the coach was trying to keep Neno humbled but fuck all that.

"Dude look pissed," Kha shook his head talking about Neno while wrapping his arm around Remi.

They were back cool or whatever.

The coach finally put Neno back in the game and he was able to score our first three pointer for this quarter. We were down by twelve so the game still wasn't over yet.

"This girl been staring at you the whole game." Remi leaned over Kha to whisper in my ear, motioning to some random girl behind me.

"All type of girls been looking at me crazy this whole game. It's this hoodie I got on but I don't give a flying fuck."

I was getting weird stares from the moment I had walked into the gym. Some girl had even asked me if I was dating Neno and I told her to mind her business because why does it matter?

I was slowly starting to see that Neno had a bit of a fanbase.

"Y'all loud as hell tryna' whisper ova' me and shit." Kha pushed Remi back into her seat and rolled his eyes.

I laughed before focusing my attention back onto the game seeing Neno began to look more and more frustrated as he ran up and down the court. It was looking like our team was ass when in reality we really weren't.

I don't know what was up with them today.

The game went on and eventually I started to disassociate. Thinking back on the conversation with my parents, realizing my mother won't make it to my graduation most likely, realizing that I based most of the decisions I made off of her.

It wasn't until the buzzer went off that I snapped back into reality.

"The games over already?" I frowned looking down at the court seeing that the other team was jumping around and celebrating but ours was looking sad as fuck.

45-37.

"Hell yeah. Wasn't the best game for real." Kha stood up and stretched out. "You gone go down and talk to yo' lil booskie?" He asked me.

A part of me wanted to but then another part of me figured that he wouldn't be in a very talkative mood being that they just lost.

I could see it all over his face even from the stands that he was disappointed in himself. So I decided on just texting him with reassuring words later rather than going down now and looking like some fanned out ass groupie.

"I'll catch him later." I stood up and straightened out my pants.

I looked down at the court one last time before walking out the gym, meeting eyes with him this time. He looked away quickly then walked to the locker room, causing me to frown.

Nigga paid me no mind whatsoever.

..

𝐚/𝐧: i hate this chapter , probably the worst one ever written for this book y'all cause writing the basketball game scene was so difficult.

anyways can i get some comments pleaseee damn