"Partnership. Mentorship." Lucy corrects.

"It's not like you won't see me tomorrow at the station. You know, what's there to talk about?" Tim points out.

"A lot. I have a list. So..." Lucy starts.

"A list?" Tim asks, grabbing the list and throwing it out the window. 

"You know, littering is a $250 fine." Lucy says.

"Worth it. What are you smiling about?" Tim questions.

Lucy holds up his phone and tosses it out the window.

"Lucy!" Ana gasps.

"Chen!" Tim exclaims, slamming on the breaks, and going to retrieve his phone, which is now completely broken.

"Damnit" Tim curses, seeing the list he threw out and putting it in a trash can before returning to the car.

"Why the hell are you smiling?" Tim asks, pissed off.

"Well, we were at denial, but now we have moved to anger. That's more progress." Lucy grins.

[Timeskip[

"Gold pickup, two blocks up." Lucy says.

"Negative. Texas plates." Tim responds.

"The baby is only five hours old" Ana muses, softly, frowning.

"The poor mother must be out of her mind" Lucy adds.

"Let me guess - you think if the parents had properly worked through their separation, this whole thing could have been avoided?" Tim guesses.

"No. Mom needs to get as far away from him as possible. But I do think that having easier access to counseling and mental health resources could prevent situations like this." Lucy responds.

"Sure. But most guys still wouldn't go." Tim shrugs.

"Yeah, because we stigmatize mental health, treat it as less important than physical health. It's ridiculous that they teach sex ed in schools, but not how to be in a relationship." Lucy answers.

"I wish someone taught me how to be in this one." Tim grumbles.

"Oh, so we are in a relationship." Lucy smirks.

[Timeskip]

"7-Adam-19, inbound on Olympic, passing Ardmore." Ana says over the radio when they hear the location of the gold pickup.

[Timeskip]

"7-Adam-19, Maxwell and Pico. West of target -- waiting for him to pass. Suspect just went past. Speed -- 50 miles an hour. We'll move to parallel on the north." Ana says over the radio, watching as the suspect goes past.

[Timeskip]

"7-Adam-19, we've lost visual. You got eyes on him?" Nolan asks over the radio.

"Negative. We haven't reacquired visual." Ana replies over the radio.

[Timeskip]

"Then why did you run?" Lucy asks, as they get out of the car to see the father saying that his daughter is with her mom.

"Gun and drugs." Ana observes, looking into the car.

"If he doesn't have the baby, who does?" Nolan's professor asks.

[Timeskip]

"what do you think is happening with the baby?" Ana asks, softly.

"I don't know, boot, I really don't know" Tim sighs, knowing it must be difficult for Ana since she's pregnant.