Episode Eight

"I can't believe him." Lucy groans.

"what's up?" Ana asks, softly, sitting down next to Lucy before roll call starts.

"He broke up with me over text, what is he, 14?" Lucy explains.

Ana looks over Lucy's shoulder to read the text.

"it's not... ideal" Ana agrees, softly. "he didn't tell you why or anything either"

"that's what I'm saying" Lucy exclaims.

"I'm sorry" Ana apologizes, softly.

Tim stops in front of their table, handing Ana a peanut butter milkshake.

"thank you" Ana giggles, biting her lip.

"Did Emmett talk to you about this?" Lucy asks, showing Tim the text.

"No. Why would he?" Tim shrugs.

"Because you're friends." Lucy answers.

"We don't talk feelings. We drink and watch sports together." Tim answers.

"That's guy for "friends."" Lucy responds.

"Look, you want my advice? Walk it off. He's clearly not the right guy for you." Tim decides, before walking back to his table.

"That is the same advice he would give me if I got hit by a pitch. What is wrong with men?" Lucy complains.

"well, you're riding with Harper now, that's a plus" Ana mentions, softly.

"definitely, and it's not awkward with Nolan at all, I love it" Lucy agrees. "Harper is so badass"

"she is" Ana agrees, softly.

[Timeskip]

"Sir, feel free to call us if his stereo gets that loud again." Tim says, before they start walking back to their shop.

"Luce keeps texting me about Emmett" Ana frowns. 

Then Lucy calls her.

"Luce?" Ana asks.

"Hey, put me on speaker, I need to talk to Tim" Lucy says.

Ana obeys, putting the phone on speaker.

"Have you ever been dumped out of the blue before?" Lucy asks over the phone.

"Let me think. One time, my wife left the house in the middle of the night and I didn't see her again for two years." Tim answers, before hanging up the phone and handing it back to Ana.

"I'm sorry about Isabel" Ana says, softly.

"You apologize for that every time she's brought up" Tim mentions.

"well... it was terrible" Ana frowns.

"it was, but it was for the best, I've moved on" Tim answers as they approach the cruiser.

"Somebody tagged our shop?" Ana asks, softly, seeing the graffiti on their shop.

"It can't be. It's been almost a decade." Tim freezes.

"what?" Ana questions, now confused.

"No, it's definitely him. The color palette, the angle of the letters." Tim realizes.

"Tim, what's going on?" Ana asks, softly.

"Control to 7-Adam-19, I've got an on view felony, five-ninety-four. I'm setting the Command Post at Pico and La Brea. Start me enough units for a six-block perimeter, a canvass team, a forensic team, air support, notify the Press Information Officer." Tim says over the radio, making Ana's eyes widen.