Pizza Stop

I stare out the window of the passenger seat as I listen to music.

I can't believe I'm going to a boarding school. I won't have to put up with those rich snobs at that private school anymore, but I won't have Ash or Tris anymore either. 

I wasn't allowed to have Atlas at that school because it was consider private property. But it still wasn't fair. But this will be Atlas' first year going to school, so that's something I'm kind of nervous about, but I know he will be fine.

There's a tap on my shoulder. I turn to Lucas and take my earbuds out. "Yeah?" I ask. "We're here. My dad and Raina are gonna stop to eat while we hang with Pax for a while. They said an hour max." He says. 

"Okay." I reply. He takes the keys out of the ignition and opens his door. I do the same and hop out. I open the back door and put Atlas on his leash and give him the command to let him out of the car. He hops out and I put him in a heel.

I follow Lucas to meet Paxton. I look at the building we are in front of, the sign reads 'Joey's Pizza'. I guess pizza doesn't sound bad. Once we find Paxton, we head inside and find a booth. While Lucas and Paxton sit, I stay standing. "Um, Imma go to the bathroom real quick. Be right back." I say.

Me and Atlas walk away and into the bathroom. I go in and find the accessibility stall and do my thing. Atlas lays on the floor and waits. I stand up after finishing and go to the stall door. I grab Atlas' leash and go to the sink, putting Atlas into a sit under the sink and quickly wash and dry my hands. 

I grab his leash again and walk out of the bathroom. I almost make it to our booth before I am stopped by a employee. "Excuse me, ma'am. No pets allowed." He says. "Um, he's a service dog." I reply in a polite tone. "Where's his vest then?" He asks. "In the car. He doesn't need one on." I say. "Not what our policies say." He replies.

Lucas appears out of no where and gets in front of me. "He's a service animal. That's all you need to know. He is doing nothing wrong, so if you'll excuse us." He says. The employee says nothing more. I follow Lucas to the table and take a seat across from him and Paxton.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to cause trouble." I mumble as I stare at the table. "It wasn't your fault. And stop doing that, you'll make yourself bleed." He says, making me realize I was biting my lip. I nod and feel Atlas nudge my leg with his nose comfortingly from under the table. I reach and pet his head.

"What's the plan for food?" Paxton asks. I look up and see he is asking me. "Um, whatever is fine with me." I reply. "Okay, well, how's pepperoni and bacon?" He asks. I nod. "Sounds good." He smiles. I feel my face heat up a little. He starts talking to Lucas about who knows what.

There's no way I like him. He's my stepbrothers beast friend. I can't like him. I am pulled from my thoughts as Atlas nudges me. I pat his head and praise him. I do a thing called disassociate, which is basically me zoning out to get away from a situation. The employee from earlier set our pizza in front of us, along with a few plates and three drinks. 

"Don't feed the dog. It's a rule." He says. I side eye him. "Wasn't planning on it." I remark before he scoffs and walks away.