Packing Up

I walk through the door and meet the face of my aunt and my goodest boy.

"Hey, Aunt Lisa. Thank you for the groom." I say, hugging her. She hugs back. "Anytime for my favorite niece and great-nephew." The great-nephew being Atlas. I laugh at her comment. Atlas stays sitting on the far side of the room. I release him with the break command. He launches himself toward me and nearly knocks me over.

"I missed you too." I laugh. I give him the off-command and he stands with four paws on the floor. I tell him heel and he is by my left side as I begin to walk out of the room. We walk out of the shop, having no problems. I put Atlas in a sit as we waited for my mom outside by the car. While we waited a woman with a dog that had a service dog vest passed by us. Atlas glanced but did not move from his spot. 

The woman got a look of worry on her face. Her dog looked like it was maybe a sort of lab mix. I minded my own business as she walked by. Her dog glanced at Atlas but didn't try to go after him so I was relieved. It isn't a fake. The woman sighed with relief as well. "I'm sorry, I just thought maybe it was a fake. I've run into so many." She explains.

"Same here. I was kind of worried for a moment as well." I smile. She smiles back and continues on her way inside. Soon, Mom comes out and unlocks the car, her being the one driving this time. In ten minutes we are home and getting out of the car. My parents rented a Uhaul truck to move my and Lucas' things to the school.

"About done loading up?" Mom asks Allen. "Finished when you were gone." Allen replies. "Your a lifesaver, thank you, dear." Mom says to Allen. Lucas comes walking down the sidewalk with one of his friends from the boarding school. I try to remember his name but can't but my finger on it.

"Hey, Paxton! So nice to see you." Mom says. That's it. Paxton Miller. He's an inch taller than Lucas, has curly, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. "Hey, Mrs. Kenton! How are you?" He replies. "I'm well, thank you for asking." Mom says.

My mom took Allen's last name, but I kept my dad's. My mom was kinda mad about it, but Allen didn't seem to care, not that it would have mattered if he did. "Are y'all getting ready to head out? My family and I are soon." Paxton comments. "Yes, we just had to go pick up Atlas." Mom says.

"Right, that's your dog, yeah?" He asks me. I nod and turn my head to Atlas who is now chasing a tennis ball at the side of the house. "Cool. Well, I should be getting back. Have a safe trip. See ya 'Cas." Paxton says waving to us. He walks back in the opposite direction.

"Alright, kiddos. Load up and we'll get going." Allen says walking to his truck that has the Uhaul attached to it. "Um, actually, I was wondering if I could ride with Lucas?" I say turning to him. He looks kind of startled at first. "Sure, you can." He says. "But me and Pax are gonna meet up before we get there, that fine?" He asks.

"Yeah, that's alright." I reply. He nods. "Okay then, well, we will meet you two there. Be careful." Mom says. I nod. "Lucas, don't be too long with Paxton. We need you both at your rooms to unpack." Allen says. "Yeah. We won't be." He says.