A lovely deceit ep 10

"All of you, leave us.

-Yes, your highness.

-Wow, it sure took you a while to start talking. I got scared for a moment. I thought you were I'll or someth-

-Shut up!" Wait, he's strangling me. Help, he's strangling me." Don't get too cocky with me.

-Let... (cough) me ...go." He threw me on the floor without an ounce of hesitation and moved away leaving me on the floor for his glass of water. "Wasn't I supposed to be protected? Now I see why no woman loves you.

-I couldn't care less who was to love or not. The only one I would care for is Adria. You, to me, are nothing more than a mere replacement. 

-Well, too bad. I am the one you're marrying and Adria never liked you". These words sent him in a feat of rage. He grabbed me by the hair and pushed me onto a wall. I could hear the maids whispering their out-of-context gossip through the walls. I was gasping for air ready for battle. "Are you going to kill me now? What will you tell my father then?

-hahaha.Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Think. Why was the real reason your father agreed to give you to me while knowing what I am?

-What are you talking about?

-Why do you think you moved here out of nowhere? Why did your parents enroll you in this school while your younger siblings were sent somewhere else? Why do you think your father agreed to letting you marry this early? Just take a moment and think. 

-...

-I may not kill you because you're the enchantress but that doesn't mean I can't make you commit suicide. Don't be mistaken. The only reason that we're getting married tomorrow is because my father wants you as the enchantress to become queen and to keep me away from Adria but always remember; I will always love Adria, I will never love you. Never. I will make your life a living hell because you're the reason why I can't be with her.

-That still doesn't change the fact that she will never love you". After releasing me he sat on the chair parallel to the window watching the stars as if I wasn't there.

-...Do you know why I hate humans?

-Why the f*ck should I care? Your opinions are always irrelevant to me.

-It's because you weaklings see yourselves as the top of the food chain. All it takes is a microscopic being as insignificant as dirt to send you towards extinction and such insignificant beings are what's stopping us vampires to live the life that rightfully was to be reserved for the strongest.

-Then, that means that you guys weren't actually the strongest.

-Yet, I hate female humans more. All they need is a little bit of kindness for them to call it love. It is so easy to control a female human; all you have to do is speak of love. Well today, you'll learn that love never existed.

-hahaha.HAHAHAHA. Wow. Beautiful story there. However, I already knew that everything was fake. Enemies don't go to lovers this quick unless they want something from the other hence your inability to kill me. It took you that long to reveal yourself. Pathetic.

-Dominique!

-Yes sir?

-Please escort the future lady to her room.

-Yes master". There's no way my father betrayed me, his own daughter, and if yes then why? What was he accomplishing by doing that? What would he gain? His only daughter. "Here you go my lady. Please rest for tomorrow".

"Rufus?

-Yes, my lady? 

-Bring me a cup of water please". From the moment I sat down on that chair I knew what was awaiting me. But, I had done everything to be the perfect daughter. Why did he discard me? "Thank you, Rufus you can leave.

-You're welcome, my lady". Then I will have to discard him as well. I am going to battle in the midst of enemy territory therefore I won't hold on to useless bonds. My own father, my own flesh has discarded me. 

I cried myself till morning. I put on the black marriage gown and sat in front of the mirror with Rufus by my side. This dress wasn't a gown to me; it was an armor for my battle. The social etiquettes and the American high society were as vicious as these ones outside. There was no difference. I had just hoped that I could ask my father regarding what Tschaik had told me however he was nowhere to be seen. My chest was heavy and my face smiling, hiding the pain of what had occurred and the same could be said of Tschaik. All the nobles were there: Lucas, Loruan, Reizif and even Adria were there. I was picking up another woman's trash and I was aware of it.  In life, there is nothing worse than knowing that what you're doing is wrong but not being able to refuse because you have nowhere to go.

My heels clacking against the hard marble were the only things I heard from my walk towards the altar. My life flashing before my eyes, my childhood. And now, here I am, face to face with the one that will ruin my life. My childhood was over right before 18. I was getting married to a 17 year old boy with unstable mental issues. What do I do? The tales, the dreams, the happiness, the freedom, the peace, they all end here, at this very altar.

I can't cry because I am numb as if I was under water.

The ceremony was quite amusing. My friends all came to give me gifts and the nobles were all lining up in order to give me their best wishes. Yet, the whole time he was looking at her infront of all the guests as if he was reminding me that I wasn't the one he loved. He was going to ruin me but all I had to do was destroy him first. I took courage in that.

After the ceremony, I was placed in a bedroom beautifully conceived in order to inhance the mood. It was done, my peaceful and happy life was done. I was at war. Despite the beautiful ornaments the maids put on me, I knew my so-called husband wasn't going to show up. He was talking to Adria.

At that point some sort of pain rushed through my head, it was a tearing pain. The maids rushed in amidst of panick. Where was my so-called husband? Wait something was popping out. It was Adria; she was getting married to a guy called Divalvi. What was that? What was I seeing? She had fallen for him at my marriage; tonight. She's happy. Well, I am happy for her; she actually got to be happy with a guy, unlike me. I wish you a happy marriage.