13) Aki is exposed!

Start from the beginning

Aki- "Aap? Maine kaha tha na I am not interested?"

Mohit walked closer to him- "Dekho beta. I want to make you the face of my new music label. Tumhare paas talent hai usse aise nashe aur sadko pe barbaad mat karo."

Aki frowned- "Kya keh rahe hai aap? Mai apna talent barbaad nahi kar raha hu aur agar kar bhi Raha hota toh aapko kya?"

Mohit- "Heere ki parakh johri ko hoti hai. Tum heera ho, Akash. Mujhe laga kal raat tum nashe me hoge isiliye Mera offer samajh nahi paye. Par ab toh hosh me ho na. Just hear me out. You'll get decently paid. Bas tumhe humari company ke saath ek contract sign karna hai. I promise tumhare kaam ki originality ya phir quality of music pe hum koi impact nahi padne denge. Paisa, fame sab kuch hoga tumhare paas. Bas tum yeh Nasha chodd do, beta."

Akash has stopped listening to the man mid way. He couldn't help but look at his dada whose eyes held so much raw anger that he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him. He knew all his explanations would fall on deaf ears atleast before one slap.

Aki- "Mai koi Nasha nahi karta hu, Sir. Aap please jaiye yaha se."

Mohit glanced at Arjun and again interpretation the situation wrong. He assumed that the boy declined his offer due to family pressure. He took out his card and handed it to him.

Mohit- "Yeh Mera card hai. Tum jab chaho tab mujhe call kar sakte ho. Tumhe KISI SE bhi darne ki zarurat nahi hai. You have full right to decide your career and I will help you with that."

Aki palmed his face and joined his hands in surrender- "Please jaiye. Already bohot raita faila chuke hai aap!"

Mohit left but not before giving a disgusted look to Arjun. People like him were the reason that teens these days indulged themselves into such self injurious activities!

Once he left, Aki turned his attention to the raging bull. Even before he could blink, Arjun crossed the distance between them and took him by his shoulders.

Arjun- "Did you go to that place, Akash?" He was ready to dismiss all his doubts and proofs if his brother even once denied the act. He would trust his brother, his child against millions of such proofs.

Akash looked down and nodded his head. Before Arjun could register what he was doing, his hands shot up in anger and he placed a tight slap on Aki's cheek.

Aki's face jerked to his side by the intensity of the slap. He knew he deserved every bit of his Dada's anger. He had broken his trust but it couldn't deny the fact that he had his own reasons and his dada would have to listen to his reasons.

When Aki did not utter a word in his defence, Arjun's anger rose and he gave her another slap to Akash. He raised his hand again and but couldn't slap him. This was his child. The child that he raised. Every slap to his face was a slap to his values, his parenting and his upbringing. He looked away angrily.

Arjun- "Bas itna bata de ki you are...you are not into d-drugs." He uttered the most dreaded words. Drugs in youth was a problem that he had been trying to eradicate since a long time. He couldn't even imagine his own brother....

Aki hugged him from the back. Arjun tried to shrug him off but could not.

Aki crying- "Nahi dada. I swear, I am not into drugs or any other addictions of that sort. Mai waha sirf aur sirf gaane Gaya tha."

Arjun turned back angrily- "Kyun Akash? Aisi kya Kami ki thi Maine tujhe ki tu aisi jagah gaya aur waha jaake un gi...un logo ke saamne gaana gaaya?"

Aki shook his head crying- "Aisi koi baat nahi hai, dada. Aap toh mujhe sab kuch mere maangne se pehle laake de dete ho. Koi Kami nahi ki aapne mujhe. Apne bacche jaisa kya apne bacche ka pyaar diya hai aapne mujhe."