Chapter 17: Sunghoon, Riki, Sooji, and Yeji

Kang Sooji was nervous.

She took a risk texting you and a bigger one asking you to meet her, knowing that you were under the watch of a powerful man. Could you sneak out of the hotel room without the CEO noticing your disappearance?

After all, Sooji knew what she was getting herself into when her neighbor asked her to talk to you.

Sooji was sitting at the corner of the cafe with her son, Kang Hongseok, sitting next to her. The young boy was playing on his mother's phone, unaware of the overwhelming fear inside of her.

Sooji already texted you where she was sitting when she arrived, and a few minutes later, she saw you walk in. The two of you made eye contact, and you started walking to the table.

"Are you Kang Sooji?" you asked. "Yes, I am," Sooji replied, holding her hand out. "It's nice to meet you, Nishimura Y/n, right?"

"Yes, you are," you said, shaking Sooji's hand and taking a seat facing her.

Your eyes glanced at the younger boy, "what's his name?"

"This is my son, Kang Hongseok. Hongseok, say hi to Miss Y/n."

The boy looked up and waved, reverting his attention to his mother's phone.

"I'm sorry about Hongseok; he's just a little shy," said Sooji.

"Oh, there's nothing wrong with that," you said. "And if you don't mind me asking, is Hongseok..." you were too afraid to finish the question.

Sooji noted your expression and nodded, "Yes, Hongseok is Sunghoon's son."

"He has never met his son before, and I would like to keep it that way."

Something in Sooji's tone said she was a determined and strong woman. Being taken down, she picked herself up and lived on.

You respected her for that.

"You wanted to meet with me to talk about Sunghoon?" you asked.

"Yes, I suppose I should start now; it's a long story," said Sooji.

"Take all the time you need."

The woman smiled.

"Thank you, Y/n."

Sooji sighed and stretched out her fingers, preparing to explain the anecdote.

"Like you, I was a model under BE:Lift Lab Entertainment, scouted by Park Sunghoon, who became my manager. Throughout my modeling career, we attended parties and many events together. We soon fell in love, or what I believed was love."

"Sunghoon and I became a couple, hiding our real relationship from the public and meeting each other at night. Nothing was wrong at first, but the sneaking around caught up to Sunghoon."

"A year later, every night we met, he would come to my home drunk. I would try to get him to go back home, but he always refused. So, I let him sleep in my bed, but Sunghoon always complained that he had trouble falling asleep and wanted me to help him."

You noticed Sooji's hands shaking, but the woman stayed strong. She wore a smile, but you could see the sadness and regret shadowing behind it.

"I always told him I wanted to wait until marriage, but he never listened. The long nights took me a while to get used to, but I did. I always wondered when they would stop, and I received my answer."

"I told Sunghoon that I was pregnant with his child right after finding out, and he broke up with me, saying he didn't want any children."

"I soon got fired from BE:Lift Lab due to 'breaking authority.' I knew Sunghoon wanted an excuse to get me out of his presence. The story doesn't end there, however."