Chapter 15: Sink In

While Sunghoon was waiting for you to come out of the clinic, he was on a group call with Yeonghwa and Jongbin.

He was trying to explain the next stage of his plan, but Jongbin kept cutting him off with questions.

"Sunghoon, I hope you know what you're doing," said Jongbin. "You know that Y/n is married-"

"Oh, Jongbin, let our son speak!" Yeonghwa interrupted. "Just keep your mouth shut and listen!"

"Yeonghwa, I'm just trying to make sure he's making the right decision."

"Of course, he's making the right decision. He's a CEO, after all!"

Sunghoon was glad his parents weren't in the same place right now. They were married, but it was arranged. The two argued like oil and water.

After continuing to yell at her husband, Yeonghwa switched to her sweet and calm voice. "My little penguin, please explain your plan from the beginning; your father won't interrupt you anymore."

"Thank you, Mother," said Sunghoon. He then started over.

The CEO already has you believing that you're carrying his child. Along with the whole country knowing you two were "dating," it makes the next stage easier.

Riki was out of the way, presuming you were a cheater. So that meant he had no problem signing secret divorce papers, right?

Once Sunghoon tracks the teacher's location, he would send someone over with the divorce papers. Riki would get tricked into signing them, making him believe it was something for his job. The divorce papers would come back to Sunghoon to give to Y/n. Seeing Riki's signature would make Y/n want to put hers as well. Then, the two are officially divorced.

Finally, closer to the baby's birth, Sunghoon would propose to Y/n, and she would have no choice but to say yes. The two would get married in a public wedding, the baby would be born a month later, and everyone would live happily ever after.

Happily ever after, how funny. Sunghoon chuckled to himself once he finished explaining. The only person who would be truly happy is Sunghoon. Y/n would be distressed, but the happy ending will arrive once the baby is born.

"So, what do you think, Mother and Father? Do you think everything will work out?"

"From how you described Y/n, she is one tough nut to crack," Yeonghwa noted. "You'll have to work harder to incorporate her in the plan."

"I know that, Mother. I'm prepared. Remember, this is for accepting Y/n into the family."

"Sunghoon, have you started tracking down Riki yet?" asked Jongbin.

"Yes, I have. He's somewhere in Japan, but I don't know what city yet. My source is finding out as I speak."

Sunghoon could see you at the front desk through the large window. "It's time for me to hang up. Get the dinner set up, Mother; we'll be on our way soon," said the CEO.

"Okay, my little penguin. Drive safe," said Yeonghwa, hanging up.

"We will talk more at home," said Jongbin. "And Sunghoon, again, I hope you're making the right decision."

"Not only I'm doing this to bring Y/n into the family, but I'm doing all of this to bring Riki down. You know he deserves it, Father."

"Sunghoon-"

"Goodbye."

Sunghoon hung up his phone as you were walking towards him.

***