Chapter 6: Exciting News

NISHIMURA Y/N

I froze, avoiding Riki's eye contact.

I was so stupid; why didn't I take my makeup off after the shoot? Of course, Riki would've noticed that I had makeup on; he knows I don't wear it often.

I try to come up with the best excuse. "I was doing a practice photoshoot for myself. New equipment was delivered to the studio today. I wanted to test it out."

"But you hate wearing makeup," Riki pointed out. "I remember you kept complaining about the makeup you wore during our wedding.

"I just wanted to try something new. What's wrong with that?"

I wandered around Riki, mumbling I was tired, and went inside the bathroom, slamming the door. I wet a nearby towel with warm water. As I was doing my best to wipe the makeup off, Riki opened the door. I paused and looked at him. "Yes?"

He glanced at the towel in my hand and then back at me, chuckling.

"What's so funny? Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"I'm sorry for laughing, Y/n," Riki replied, rubbing his eyes. "Do you need me to buy makeup wipes for you?"

"You don't need to. After you just laughed at me."

"Please, Y/n!" Riki grabbed my hands and dropped to his knees. He had a pleading look on his face, like a puppy. I looked away, trying to hide my smile.

"The convenience store is on the first floor of our apartment. I promise it won't take long! This will be an apology for earlier and for laughing at you!"

"Hmm,"

Riki kept looking at me with his pleading eyes. I finally gave in and nodded. "Be quick."

"Thank you so much, Y/n!"

Riki got up from the floor and ran out of the bathroom. I heard the door open and close and footsteps running down the stairs.

I turned off the bathroom light and the other light in the kitchen. I went to the bedroom and lay on the bed, closing my eyes. This was going to be interesting.

I had just begun dozing off when I heard footsteps inside the bedroom. I felt something cool wiping my face. As Rki continued wiping off the makeup, I smirked. "You're good at this? Have you done this for other women?"

"Only you," Riki replied. "I've seen my mom do it all the time when I was younger."

We were quiet until Riki finished. Once he did, he gently tapped my eyebrow, wanting me to open my eyes. He smiled. "There's the Y/n I know and love." Then he leaned down and kissed me.

He stretched his arms and yawned. "Okay, I'm tired now. We should go-"

Before Riki could finish his sentence, I grasped his arm to pull him down and kiss him again.

At the photography studio the next day, Jungwon came to visit me. He said we hadn't had time to hang out lately, so he wanted to surprise me. I was happy to see him.

While we were talking, someone had walked into the studio. Telling Jungwon to wait, I walked out of the breakroom to see who it was. I stopped in my tracks.

"Sunghoon?"

"Hello, Y/n," Sunghoon greeted with a warm smile.

"I didn't expect you to be here today. What are you doing here?"

"Sorry for the short notice, but I wanted to tell you some good news. I wanted to tell you in person."

"Y/n, everyone who saw your modeling photos loved them. They liked them so much that they begged me to let you do a shoot tomorrow where you get paid."

I gasped. "Wait, are you serious?"

"Of course!" said Sunghoon. "I knew you were going to be amazing."

I couldn't believe it: I'll be doing a paid photoshoot! This is getting me closer to starting a family with Riki.

"Once again, you did a great job, Y/n," Sunghoon said, grabbing my hand. "I'll pick you up when you get off of work tomorrow. Have a great day."

He then kissed my hand and walked out of the studio. I was still in wonder and awe that I didn't hear Jungwon calling my name.

"Nishimura Y/n, come back to Earth!"

I jumped out of my trance and turned my body around to face Jungwon, who was standing behind me. He had his arms crossed with a vexed expression. "Since when have you done modeling? You never talked about interest in becoming a model."

"Since yesterday," I replied. "I'm modeling to earn some extra money."

"Does Riki know about this?"

I shook my head.

"Nishimura Y/n!"

"It's for a good reason!"

"There's nothing good about modeling behind your husband's back."

"I know!"

"No, you don't! What will you do when he finds out?"

"He won't find out," I argued. "I'm sure of it."

Jungwon still didn't look convinced. "Anyways, let's switch topics. Do you know the man you were talking to?"

"Yes," I nodded. "my modeling agent, Park Sunghoon."

Jungwon snickered. "Do you think he has a tiny job like that, Y/n?"

"What do you mean? I'm confused."

"Park Sunghoon is the CEO of BE:Lift Lab Entertainment," Sunghoon said.

"He's also the son of Park Jongbin, the chairman of the biggest entertainment group in South Korea."

——————————
Uh-oh, I smell trouble brewing👀
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and follow!