[Timeskip]

"Grey's right. We need to rededicate ourselves to doing this job the right way, which means the last 25 days of your training are gonna be even more intense." Tim decides, trying to get both of them back on track.

"We should check the chop shops, see if anyone brought my car in." Lucy says.

"That's what you're focused on? Even as parts, your car is worthless." Tim scoffs.

"Not to me." Lucy answers.

"Let the hunk of junk go and focus on the end of your training." Tim recommends.

"Is that what you would do? Let someone get away with stealing the thing that means the most to you? The only constant in your life for the last 10 years?" Lucy points out.

"It's a car." Tim says.

"It's the only place -- Never mind." Lucy decides.

"The only place what?" Tim asks.

"Where I felt safe... after Caleb." Lucy finishes.

Ana reaches forward and holds Lucy's hand as a show of silent comfort.

"There's a chop shop on Melrose. We'll start there." Tim decides.

[Timeskip]

"7-Adam-19, show us Code 6..." Tim says over the radio.

"Get out of my car." A woman yells.

"...for an on-view 415." Tim finishes.

"Get out! This is your house. Get out -- now!" The woman yells.

"What's going on?" Ana asks, softly.

"This drunk giant is in my back seat. We landed here 20 minutes ago, and he refuses to get out!" The woman explains.

"Sir, get out of the car, please" Ana asks, softly.

"Can you please stand on the sidewalk?" Tim requests of the woman who nods.

"Don't hurt the car. It's my only source of income." The woman pipes up.

"What is the goal of this call, Officer Cabrera?" Tim asks Ana, wanting her to get out of her head.

"To get him out of the car, sir" Ana replies, softly.

"Wrong. It is to get him out of the car without making things worse. Now, do you think you can get him out without relying on your weapons?" Tim questions.

"yes, sir" Ana agrees, softly.

"Really? A Tim Test right now?" Lucy scoffs.

"Our goal as police officers should be to de-escalate whenever possible." Tim replies.

"This from the guy who set me up to fight a suspect on day one?" Lucy raises an eyebrow.

"It's not your test, Chen, Cabrera, you game?" Tim asks turning to Ana.

"yes, sir" Ana says, softly.

"Great. So, here's the deal. You start with 100 points. Reach for anything on your belt, and you lose points. Baton is 10. Taser equals 15. If you take out your gun, that's 50. Leave this call with 85 points or less, and you lose and I write up a blue page on you. Getting one of those at this stage of your training would be a real problem." Tim explains.

"Okay, can I earn points, sir?" Ana asks, softly.

"Absolutely. You get him calm, 5 points. He agrees to get out of the car, 10. You get him to apologize to the driver, 20 points. But if you use any of your weapons, game over -- you lose." Tim finishes.