She couldn't be wrong, that woman was...

"P-PAULA?!"

Her husband immediately hugged her when she almost fell down when her knees suddenly gave out in fear, she was sure that it was Paula, Hazel's former assistant.

But what happened to her?

It had been three months since she last saw her, but she never thought that she would see her again in that situation.

"Honey, sit down and calm down first." Caleb said worriedly to her.

"That's Paula, isn't it, Honey?" she asked him as she sat down. "You also saw that it was Paula, didn't you?"

"We are not sure yet Honey, please calm down."

A few minutes later, the man carrying the woman earlier came out of the emergency room door.

"Sir, is that Paula?" she immediately asked the man.

"How did you know my girlfriend?" he asked with a frown.

"My God, is that really Paula?" she exclaimed. "We know each other, what happened to her?"

"A speeding car suddenly hit her while she was crossing a pedestrian lane earlier." he answered.

"Did you caught the man who hit her?" her husband asked.

"No, the driver didn't stop and the car didn't have plate number. But I reported it to the police immediately before I rushed Paula here."

First is Christian, and now Paula. There's no such thing as coincidence, it looks like someone planned it for them.

She suddenly remembers what her stepsister told her earlier.

"Did Paula say anything to you before she got hit?"

The man seemed thinking and a few seconds passed when he seemed to remember something.

"Ahh, she told me recently that she suddenly received death threats, but she said that she was used to receiving such things because she has always received death threats when she's still working on her previous job, she just changed her number."

Neli's hunch grew stronger so she immediately turned to her husband to tell her what she was thinking, but they seemed to be thinking the same thing at that moment because he immediately nodded to her as if he understood her.

He took out his phone and called his assistant.

"Robin, go to the police station A and check that woman if she's still there. Make sure as well that no one else visited or talked to that woman inside."

"What's happening?" Paula's boyfriend asked in confusion. "Do you know anything about what happened to my girlfriend?"

"No, but my husband's cousin got an accident today and was surprised that Paula had an accident as well, as if someone planned it to them." she explained. "Did Paula say something to you about her previous job?"

"No, she said she wanted to forget about it so I didn't even ask her." he answer. "Is there anything I need to know about her previous job?"

She didn't know if she would tell him about what happened to them back then, something stopping her when he said that even Paula, his girlfriend, doesn't want to tell him about what happened.

"Sorry, we couldn't talk to you about it because your girlfriend seems like she doesn't want to tell you about it either, but please rest assured that we didn't do anything to her." her husband answered. "For now, please watch over her and make sure that no one can get close to her, it's for her own safety."

After they learned that Christian and Paula's lives were no longer in danger and were moved to a private room, they went home to their villa, they also left bodyguards behind to make sure no one else could enter their room.

-----

"Honey, do you think that Hazel had anything to do with what happened between the two of them?" his wife asked him as they lay in bed. "It's been three months since we last heard about Hazel, couldn't she have escaped from prison?"

"We'll find out when Robin call us, but right now you need to rest because you didn't sleep this afternoon." he said worriedly to his wife.

When he found out what happened to his cousin Christian, it didn't occur to him that Hazel might have done it to him because he knows his cousin, he knows what kind of business he runs. He knows about his bar businesses and the organization he has built to gather various information. He created an organization where they could trade or sell information and they knows or can find out all the information that their clients wants to know in exchange for a large amount of money. He also has a lot of information about the underground market so he knows there are many threats to his life, but he told him that he has dissolved the organization he made three months ago when his wife's stepsister, Rhence, become his girlfriend. He said he wants to live quietly with her because he does not want to risk her life because of his organization.

But when he saw Hazel's former assistant, Paula, who was almost lifeless in the hospital, that's when he realized that Hazel was the one who did those thing to them, because he knew that those two helped his wife to put Hazel in prison. It could all be a coincidence, but he had a different hunch.

"Honey."

He turned to his wife when he heard her calling.

"Hmm?" he brushes his wife's hair using her hand.

"What if--."

His wife was interrupted when he suddenly received a call from Robin, she said to answer it first so he immediately answered it.

"Hello?"

"MR. PRESIDENT, HAZEL ESCAPED FROM PRISON!"

"What did you say?!"