Chapter 49.

Neli's life has been peaceful together with her husband since Hazel was imprisoned two months ago, Caleb also returned to his company two weeks after he was discharged from the hospital. Their grandparents are now busy traveling around the world, she also heard that Christian and her step-sister started dating which surprised her. She also started accepting small projects like commercial modeling and now she received an offer to do a supporting role in a movie by Director Santos, Mel was still hands-on in being her assistant even though her Mother-in-law had hired her in her small agency to handle other models exclusive to her brands.

"Let's eat." her husband said after placing the plate in front of her.

Neli immediately felt her stomach turn upside down when she smelled the food that her husband had prepared, but she just ignored it and thought that she might just be hungry. But she couldn't understand as well when seeing the broccoli and the brown sauce on their food makes her dizzy and wants to throw up.

Caleb sat down next to her and said that they should start eating, Neli was not feeling well but still forced herself to pierce a slice of beef using her folk to eat it.

"Ugh!"

Neli couldn't help feeling nauseous after she swallowed a small slice of beef.

"Ugh!" she immediately covered her mouth when she felt that his stomach didn't want to accept what she ate.

She ran out of the kitchen to go to the bathroom, her husband immediately followed her with a worried look on his face.

Her stomach seemed to want to throw up something but nothing comes out.

"Are you okay, Honey?" she heard her husband ask worriedly while rubbing her back.

Neli had an idea of what was happening to her when she realized that she hadn't had a period for the past two weeks, but she doesn't want to jump to any conclusion because she also doesn't want to be disappointed in the end.

"I'm fine, I just don't like what I ate." she answered.

"Let's go to the hospital."

She just nodded, she didn't refuse what he said because she also wanted to be sure if her suspicion was correct.

"Congratulations Mrs. Valdez, you are seven weeks pregnant." the doctor announced the good news to them. "Congratulations Mr. Valdez, you are going to become a father."

Neli couldn't stop herself from hugging her husband because of happiness, she's going to become a mother now. She couldn't believe that there was life inside her womb, and it was Caleb and her child.

She laughed noticing that Caleb was carefully supporting her after they left the doctor's office, he's hugging her on her waist and always telling her to walk slowly.

"Honey, relax." she said to him laughing.

"No, you need to be careful in everything you do from now on."

She laughed and let her husband do whatever he wanted, he also called his assistant and said that he will not go to his company now so that he can take care of her.

"Let's go to the mansion, I want to tell Dad and Mom about the good news."

When they arrived at the mansion, they were immediately greeted by her in-laws, she noticed that there was a tinge of concern on her Mother-in-law's face when she approached them.

"Are you okay now, sweetheart?" she immediately asked her while holding her hands. "I heard Caleb took you to the hospital this morning, what happened to you? Oh my God, your hands are so cold."