Season 3 Episode 8. Countdown

Start from the beginning

"I feel so cold," Muzan thought. "It must be the Ice Hashira's technique that's doing this. It's been so long since I've felt this feeling. It's not pleasant."

Muzan noticed scars had appeared all over his body.

"These are the scars that were left by HIM," Muzan thought. "I never expected that he would be able to wound me in a way that would continue to burn my cells, my flesh, for hundreds of years. The real monster was HIM, and not me!"

...

"Mist Breathing, fourth form," Muichiro breathed deeply. "Shifting flow slash!"

"Ice Breathing, fourth form," Kimi breathed deeply. "Flurry of strikes!"

Ice Breathing, fourth form," Kimiko breathed deeply. "Flurry of strikes!"

Muichiro attacked Muzan while Kimi and Kimiko rained strikes down onto Muzan from above. Muzan was having trouble dodging and his regeneration speed was slowing down.

"Forty minutes until dawn!" a kasugai crow yelled out.

...

Kimi, Kimiko, and Muichiro were preparing to attack again, but Muzan turned around and fled from their fight.

"He ran away!?" Muichiro thought, completely in disbelief. "He's just a THING that clings only to life and nothing else! Now that dawn is approaching and he's been gravely weakened, he won't hesitate to run away!"

Kimi, Kimiko, and Muichiro chased after him. They were mostly able to keep up with his speed, but weren't able to catch him.

"Kimiko, Muichiro, when I raise my sword, jump as high into the air as you can!" Kimi said.

"Okay!" Kimiko said.

"Ice Breathing, sixth form," Kimi breathed deeply. "Permafrost!"

Kimi raised his sword, Kimiko and Muichiro jumped up, and Kimi slammed his sword into the ground, creating a shockwave that freezed the ground. Muzan stopped moving, as he was stuck in the ice.

"Go!" Kimi yelled. "Attack him!"

...

Muichiro rushed toward Muzan as fast as he could. Muzan broke free of the ice quickly, but Muichiro was already within attack range.

"Mist Breathing, sixth form," Muichiro breathed deeply. "Lunar dispersing mist!"

"Ice Breathing, fifth form," Kimiko breathed deeply. "Freezing blade!"

Kimiko sliced Muzan's limbs as Muichiro attacked Muzan many times with quick slashing attacks.

"We need to keep him engaged in battle so he doesn't have time to run away!" Kimi called.

Kimi pulled his sword out of the ground and caught up to Kimiko and Muichiro who were still fighting Muzan.

"Thirty five minutes until dawn!" a kasugai crow called out.

...

"Mist Breathing, fifth form," Muichiro breathed deeply. "Sea of clouds and haze!"

"Ice Breathing, fifth form," Kimi breathed deeply. "Freezing blade!"

"Ice Breathing, second form," Kimiko breathed deeply. "Snowstrike!"

Kimi, Kimiko, and Muichiro attacked Muzan, and his regeneration was even slower this time. He was also losing speed himself, and they were able to easily keep up with his speed.

Muzan attempted to divide himself to escape, but was unable to.

"I can't divide!" Muzan thought. "I see... it appears there were three substances in Tamayo's drug. Human regression, aging, and division prevention."

"Sorry, but you're wrong," Muzan heard Tamayo's voice in his head.

Muzan coughed up blood.

"There were actually four substances!" Muzan heard Tamayo's voice in his head. "The first three, and a fourth one, cell destruction! The thing you fear the most, death, is now so close."

...

"Mist Breathing, seventh form," Muichiro breathed deeply. "Obscuring clouds!"

"Ice Breathing, seventh form," Kimi breathed deeply. "Enshrouding winter snow!"

Kimiko immediately realized what Kimi's plan was and followed suit.

"Ice Breathing, seventh form," Kimiko breathed deeply. "Enshrouding winter snow!"

A heavy snowfall, combined with a heavy mist, descended in the area.

Kimi, Kimiko, and Muichiro's attacks came out of nowhere, and their locations were impossible to predict. Muzan was heavily disoriented, and their attacks were taking a toll on him. It was taking most of his strength just to regenerate at this point.

"Attacks from red blades shouldn't affect me, and regenerating shouldn't be so tiring," Muzan thought. "However, these four substances in my system have been turning what would typically be ineffective attacks into effective ones that are taking time and a lot of energy to heal from. It will take time to analyze and counteract them."

Muzan couldn't predict their location, and he was unable to escape. He knew that if this continued, he was going to die.

"Fine," Muzan thought. "If I can't predict their locations, then I'll just attack everywhere!"

Muzan sent attacks in all directions. Kimi, Kimiko, and Muichiro were forced to retreat. Muichiro was struck in the chest by one of Muzan's arms, injecting the cell destruction poison into him.

"Mui-chan!" Kimiko called, his eyes widening from shock.

"Kimiko! Tend to Muichiro!" Kimi called. "I'll keep fighting Muzan!"

"I can't raise my arms, and my body feels as heavy as lead," Muzan thought. "They're going to attack me again. No matter how many times I crush them, they keep getting up! They keep going, until the moment they can take my life!"

"Muichiro, you have to live," Kimiko said to Muichiro. "You can't die. I won't let you die. YOU CAN'T."

...

"Ice Breathing, eighth form," Kimi breathed deeply. "Ice imbuing thrust!"

Kimi rushed toward Muzan, and thrust his sword through Muzan's chest with all of his strength. Kimi managed to pin Muzan against a nearby wall.

"Ice Breathing, ninth form," Kimi breathed deeply. "Ice imbuing cut!"

Kimi sliced off Muzan's head with his sword, and Muzan failed to regenerate it.

"I can't regenerate my head!" Muzan thought. "Well, no matter. I'm not dead. So long as sunlight doesn't hit me, I won't die."

Kimi noticed that dawn was breaking. If he just managed to keep Muzan here for a little while longer, then he would be killed.

"Ice Breathing... tenth form..." Kimi breathed deeply. "Ice... imbuing... TIME!"

Muzan felt his entire body and the surrounding environment slow to a stop. He couldn't move at all, as if he had been frozen in time.

Kimi watched as the sun continued to rise and Muzan's body disintegrated, leaving not even a trace.