26: The Last Phase

Start from the beginning

The look of displeasure in your face was slightly apparent, you could recall your last interaction with Illumi a few days ago.

"You okay, big sis?" Killua whispered as he noticed the expression on your face. Before you could answer, your eyes spotted Killua's friends from the distance, emerging from the forest. He followed your eyes,

"I knew they'd make it! Gon!" Killua grinned as he approached them, leaving you alone.

Your eyes followed Killua as he approached his friends, coincidentally, your eyes landed on Kurapika as you found him already looking at you. He broke the eye contact and laughed with the rest awkwardly as Killua greeted them.

You recalled your interaction with him, a couple of nights ago.

"We're you there when the massacre of my clan happened?" His eyes seemed like it was about to glow again, you could feel how intense his emotions were just by the look he gave you.

"No."

You continued, "It's the first time I ever heard of your eyes."

"The spiders and I may have the same origin, but they only hired me 6 years ago, that was a year after the massacre." You told the truth as you recalled the job you did for the troupe's leader.

He cleared his throat as he composed himself. "I'm glad to hear that, if that's the case."

"Now! We will check the badges of everyone present here. Number 44, Mister Hisoka. Number 53, Mister Pokkle. Number 99, Mister Killua. Number 301, Mister Gittarackur. Number 191, Mister Bodoro. Number 294, Mister Hanzo. Number 404, Mister Kurapika. Number 403, Mister Leorio. Number 405, Mister Gon. Number 4 Mister Joaquin. And, number 333, Miss A/N!"

Your eyes bore to your target who was able to get enough points to pass the fourth phase despite having limited time. He was capable after all. You passed a grin when he noticed you staring at him, he only huffed in annoyance as his eyes left yours.

"So! There are 11 applicants who passed the fourth phase of the exam!" The Exam committee announced. Moments later all of you were asked to board the airship once again.

While sitting around the airship's lounge, the speaker turned on, "Attention applicants! The chairman wishes to interview you. When you hear your number, please come to the reception room on the second floor. We'll start with number 44, Mister Hisoka." You looked around, seeing that the reception room was just right in front of you.

Moments passed, you heard familiar footsteps approaching. It was Hisoka. You didn't acknowledged his presence, not even sparing a glance, which amused the enigmatic magician as it placed a sly grin on his face. You could feel his eyes boring on to you until he finally entered the room.

You took Illumi's words seriously for some reason.

"If I find out you're talking with Hisoka. I'll kill you, Y/N."

You rolled your eyes out of annoyance. His threat sounded empty, but you knew well it wasn't. You don't believe he'll kill you though, however, it was the first time he ever threatened you with that.

Not 10 minutes had passed, the speaker turned on again. "Next up. Number 333, Miss A/N." With that you walked, approaching the door.

The door from the reception room opened as Hisoka walked out. Your arms were almost touching as you walked pass eacother, the magician's eyes followed your nonchalant figure, your unusual behavior intrigued him. But then again, he knew you didn't liked him in the beginning, so it wasn't very unusual.