Chapter 13

"Jenny I don't like to beat around the bush so tell me is their any unusual activity happening around the city?" Hearing Gary officer Jenny hesitated for a bit then breathed a deep breath "sir although city look peaceful but their is illegal smuggling of pokemon taking place . " Gary raised a brow "then why are you not arresting them." "Because I don't have any evidence "officer Jenny lowered her gaze ."And the mayor doesn't believe us without any evidence.  He just accuses us of hindering the peaceful environment of the city and spreading fear among people. We are not able perform our duty very well ." Gary heard the officer then assumed that mayor is helping the smugglers in some way . "Do you have any locations in mind where those smugglers can be found ." Officer Jenny stood up from her chair and brought a map which she spread in front of Gary . On the map there were some places crossed and some circled "the crossed out locations are those where smuggling has taken place and the circled locations are those where their next locations are predicted ." Officer Jenny explained . "I would be borrowing it for a while " Gary said and stood up from his seat and walked out of police station.

It was afternoon Gary was eating lunch at a small restaurant. He has already checked all the locations where officer Jenny has predicted next smuggling would take place . Gary didn't found anything out of ordinary there . So he decided to check the places where smuggling has taken place after eating lunch . "I think we are missing something what do you think umbreon ." Gary asked his trusted partner who was quietly eating his food "umb umbreon " "let's go umbreon let's check other locations " Gary said after finishing his lunch . He paid the bill and left the restaurant.

Gary was checking the locations where smuggling has already taken place . He was checking the area but their was no trace that something has happened their . It looked like just a normal market place after looking for a while Gary noticed a park and sat on a bench under a huge tree ."umbreon no clue, at these times I miss Ash most" Gary whined and looked up towards the tree just like Lily's emerald green eyes thought Gary .

Gary was very famous playboy before he met Lily.For Lily he changed himself from a playboy to decent man . He knew about his feelings towards Lily but is way too afraid of rejection. Also the fact that he is afraid of Gladion doesn't help . It's not like he doesn't try to approach her but Gladion's glare always keep him at a distance .

Sitting on the bench staring up at the tree Gary was just thinking about Lily's eyes when he saw a red ribbon tied to the branch of the tree. Gary noticed it but firstly didn't think munch of it . But on Second thought that ribbon can also be used as a signal . As this thought crossed his mind , he stood up fromthe bench and  started inspecting . As he was digging he noticed that the soil directly under the branch on which the ribbon was tied was a little different like some one has tilted the soil .

"Umbreon come here and help me dig the soil here " Gary called umbreon to help him . He was digging soil with his hands and umbreon with his paws . At last his hands hit something . It was a box he dugged the box out of soil and opened it and what he saw inside astonished him .

It was already 19:00 , Ash has just returned from the lake when he received a text message from Gary . After reading the message his expression became serious and he turned to Serena who was walking ahead of her . "Hey Sere let's eat our dinner early as I am hungry ."Serena stopped at her place and turned back "Ok Satoshi " Then they both entered the cafeteria and ate their dinner , wished each other goodbye and walked towards their dorm room .

After reaching his room Ash put his disguise on and realesed Mew and ordered her to teleport him in some alley near pokemon center . Mew teleported Ash in an alley behind the pokemon center . After calling Mew back to her pokeball Ash walked outside the alley and texted Gary that he is outside the pokemon center . Gary came out of the pokemon center and took him to his room . He closed the door behind him and brought out a box from under the bed he opened it for Ash to see . There were bags of same drugs which were found in Professor Martin's room and also there were some cigarettes. "What are these cigarettes " asked Ash.  "I checked them it has same drug that is inside these bags ." Gary answered. "How can smuggling take place in market place where there are thousands of people."asked Ash." I checked every location on the map provided by officer Jenny and every place is crowded ."answered Gary. "That means that the smugglers are good at taking advantages of crowded place " Ash pondered . "If officer Jenny knew the location of smuggling why didn't she took any action ." asked Ash.  Gary explained whole situation about officer Jenny and mayor .

After looking at map for a while "Ok Gary we are patrolling the area where smuggling can take place ." Ordered Ash . "But I have already checked those locations and I found nothing out of ordinary. " said Gary. " what are you talking about Oak tree according to my experience most criminal activities take place at night ." Ash said." Also take your gun just in case ."

After getting ready both Ash and Gary walked towards the  location where smuggling could take place.