Chapter 47

As Jungkook settled into his office chair, his expression remained calm, his mind focused on finding the person behind the attack

" Report," Jungkook commanded, his tone cutting through the tension in the air.

Namjoon cleared his throat before he began to report," We were able to gather some information based on the intel we got, but it is not much. It seems the attackers have been monitering our activities for a week now. The attack was well coordinated because they had information about our location and number of henchmen we had with us. It is very evident they had inside information,"

Jungkook's grip tightened on his armrest. Betrayal was something he hated the most, and someone from his own clan knowing the consequences, betrayed him.

" Do we have any leads on their current location or any potential allies they might have?"

Yoongi shook his head slightly. " Not yet, boss. But I'm tracing them down and referencing it with known networks. It's only a matter of time before we know their whereabouts,"

" Good. I want your team to work on that Yoongi. In the meantime, conduct a thorough investigation within our clan, Namjoon. Anyone with even a hint of suspicion must be interrogated. I want the one who leaked the information before me as soon as possible."

Both of the nodded in response.

" Understood, boss. I'll assemble the team of our trusted men right away and start the investigation."

Jungkook's jaw tightened before he started speaking," This was not a simple attack. Gathering information about me for a week and attacking me perfectly at the time I was with my wife? It seems well calculated,"

" Yes boss. The way they disappeared in thin air gives a heavy sign of warning. But about what, is what we're trying to decode,"

As both of them dispersed to carry out his orders, Jungkook remained in his office, leaning back in his chair, his expression unreadable.

He knew this wasn't just display of power play or a warning to his position. There was more to this than it met the eye.

.

.

.

.

.

Minutes turned to hours when Yoongi finally entered Jungkook's office, his expression grim.

" Boss, we've managed to trace down a piece of conversation that was going on between the cars that were following us. Seems like they do come from an organisation but what piqued our interest was that they were talking about another group too, which potential looks like an ally, who according to them, planned this incident,"

Jungkook's eyes narrowed as he processed Yoongi's words. " Did they mention any specifics about it? The clan name, or leader name or anything which might give us a lead?"