19 - A Den of Wolves

Demetrius' POV

one week has gone by since I returned home, since Madeline joined me in my home, since the note arrived and since I returned to my duties as Alpha.

I knew what the note meant. My brother, Orion, had returned from the human world. Why? I couldn't possibly know.

But I did know one thing; if Calla had stumbled upon this news while following the fairies, it meant my brother was hunting them as well, or worse, helping them.

I hadn't seen my older brother since I was a child, when he denounced his title and left the our world like it never mattered to him.

I'd sent a letter in reply to Calla that same night, urging him and the others to keep let me know if they needed me to return to their mission. I was still awaiting a response.

But it posed a fault of its own in the back of my mind, I couldn't leave Madeline here alone, and I wouldn't take her with me either.

She had spent the last week following me around the house asking me questions, particularly questions pertaining to my species, it was amusing to say the least when I wouldn't give her as much detail as she'd been hoping for.

The questions all managed to correlate back to me and whether I liked this or that, what subjects I did well in school, the kinds of questions I didn't think we'd need to ask each other.

But I answered every one. Each night I made her dinner and watched her as she ate, she read books about my people while I worked, and drew up plans on all the changes she wanted to instil inside the house.

Quite frankly, it was refreshing to have my little mate around, I'd spent so much of my time alone before I found her. Each time I looked at her it felt as though my stress just melted away.

However, each night I attempted to please my mate, she rejects my advances. I can understand why, but the growing urge inside continues to build each day that i get to look at her and not touch her. Even now as i peered over my eyelids from my document at my desk to look at her sprawled out on the sofa, i could feel my pants stiffen as i took her in, a heavy breath fell from my lips. It's unnatural for my kind to wait this long.

Madeline was so beautiful, the most beautiful Werecat i'd ever seen. She had a body that was ready to bear and nurture children, I wanted to explore every defined curve around her body, have her release herself completely to me, I wanted to know what she feels like against my own body.

I imagined myself getting up and walking right over to her, pinning her down on that sofa and peeling each layer of clothing off her with my teeth while she watched and begged for me.

I let a growl slip before I looked away from her and back down at my desk. The things I could do to her.

I heard my little mate giggle from her seat and I know she'd heard me, but I kept my eyes focused at my work.

I was reading over a declaration statement posted to me by one of my people, they wanted to purchase an open plot of land near the school to build a candy store. What a waste of money.

I bundled up the piece of paper and threw it in the trash, there are more things to worry about than candy stores near schools.

Madeline suddenly got up from her seat on the sofa, book closed and left on the cushion. She came around the corner of the desk and stopped right next to me, placing a small kiss on my cheek. "I'm going to use the shower."

As she pulled away I gave her a side look. "An invitation?" I teased. The reaction I was hoping for was achieved when her cheeks switched to a bright pink tone.