Chapter 10

"Lord Lestilaut," I murmured his name in my thoughts. He was one of the characters I wanted to meet, but not like this.

As the son of the AUB, the current ruler of the Duchy of Dunkelfelger, his presence added a new level of complexity to the situation. Ludwik was the first to address him: "Lord Lestilaut, were you listening?"

"In fact, I heard everything," Lestilaut responded calmly. Ludwik turned to me with passive aggressiveness, pointing out, "If he was observing us, he surely knows how this insolent girl just called me. She practically offended all of Dunkelfelger."

So Ludwik had turned a personal quarrel into an issue between duchies. "My lord, we must bring this senseless girl before our AUB," Ludwik insisted once more.

Lestilaut observed me, considering what the appropriate course of action would be.

Based on what I had read in the novel's history, Lestilaut didn't seem like a bad person, but as a representative of such a proud duchy, he had to impose an appropriate punishment to prevent future incidents.

However, I was ready. Of course, I wouldn't involve myself in a discussion of this magnitude if I didn't have good arguments to defend myself. "Then let's go at once," I said in the face of Ludwik and Lestilaut's astonished gazes.

"I'm eager to tell the AUB how a trivial argument between two students in a hallway has led to the cessation of diplomatic and commercial relations between Ahrensbach and Dunkelfelger, which have lasted for hundreds of years."

Lestilaut ran a hand through his hair before placing it on his chin, watching me with a faint smile. Everyone in the scene, myself included, remained expectant.