Yo, ho, ho! Go, Popplio!

Start from the beginning

"Your trump card for befriending marine Pokémon...is a fishing rod!" said Kukui, whipping his fishing rod.

"Oh boy." said Hayley. Outside of the classroom, Team Rocket was spying on Ash and Hayley. "We spy and what does it show us?" Jessie asked the boys.

"The twerp and baby twerp are school children." said James.

"The twerp doesn't strike me as studious." said Meowth. "But Baby twerp might."

"That's true." said Jessie and James.

"Wobbu! Wobbuffet!" said Wobbuffet.

"Alola!" said Principal Oak, gaining Team Rocket's attention. "Who are you, a sight for Bulbasaur eyes?"

"Hi, nice to see you!" said Meowth, waving at him.

"We're tourists of the friendly sort." said James.

"Passing through the neighborhood." said Jessie before the three of them pop down through the branches.

"Wobbuffet!" said Wobbuffet before being brought down.

"Come and join our school anytime!" Principal Oak called after them.

"Maybe if those two are school children, they'll stay put for a while." said James.

"Then I suggest we get a bead on the Twerps daily routine." suggested Meowth. "That'll be a big help to catch Pikachu and Meeko."

"Meh. Sounds boring." said Jessie.

"Wobbu! Wobbu!" said Wobbuffet.

"All right, Lana knows everything about the sea." said Professor Kukui.

"Thanks." said Lana, standing up.

"I've asked Lana to be your special instructor tomorrow." said Kukui. "Are you ready, Lana?"

"Yes, sir! I'll do my best." said Lana.

"I just remembered. You were out fishing the first time I met you." said Ash.

"Of course! She's a master fisherwoman." said Mallow. "She knows everything about marine Pokémon."

"That's awesome." said Ash.

"Marine Pokémon are the best." said Lana.

"Lillie, you have to touch Pokémon to fish." said Sophocles. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"Not a problem, because I have a secret weapon!" said Lillie.

"Then we're all set." said Lana.

"Pop." said Popplio, squealing happily as she hops out of Lana's arms and into Lillie's lap. Lillie whimpers in fear of Popplio. "Oh no, Popplio!" said Lana, waving her arms.

"Whoa, there." said Kukui. "Be careful, Popplio."

"I'm sorry, Lillie." Lana said, then looks down at her Pokémon. "You should say you're sorry too."

"Popplio." said Popplio, guilty.

"No, I'll be alright." said Lillie.

"So, class, don't forget your fishing rods tomorrow." said Kukui, leaving the classroom.

"Fishing rod?" Ash asked, then looks at Hayley. "Hey, Hayley? By any chance, did you bring our...."

"No..." said Hayley, looking back at her brother. "I thought you were packing them before we left Kanto."

"Ah!" growled Ash. "We don't have one."

"Pika." said Pikachu.

"Lucario." said Meeko, face-palming into the floor as Pikachu looks up at Hayley.