Chapter 1: A Normal-ish Day

As you were headed for school, you looked at your phone to use the camera to straighten your hair. Afterwards, you looked at your eyes, which are now heterochromatic, with your right eye being blue from an incident a few years ago.

You received a text message from Rodin.

"Got work for ya," it read. "Come to the Gates of Hell after school. Make sure you aren't being followed."

"Sure thing," you texted before putting your phone away. The monorail reached its stop and you exited off it, walking the rest of the way. You arrived went to your classroom, and took your seat with everyone before the bell rang.

You pulled out your notebook and took notes during the entire class. An hour went by, and class ended before you began walking through the halls.

"It's been a long time since I came into Mother's life," you narrated, "And another unexpected thing was the fact that I am now the last of the Lumen Sages. I came across this revelation when I returned to my old village and saw that everyone was slaughtered by the Angels of Paradiso. My old house had a case with the weapon and clothing of a Lumen Sage along with books that contained what they knew."

You passed by a couple of students talking, going through their lockers, or preparing for what their clubs have next. You then saw a girl with pink hair in pigtails and a happy expression walking past you.

You and the girl took a glimpse at each other before walking further.

"That girl is Iris," you resumed narrating. "She's so happy, full of life. I haven't talked to her before, but I like her. I don't know why though. Although I am used to the modern world, I feel like there are a great many differences between me and her. Besides, I stay quiet to make sure I don't cause problems. But that's just when I try to be normal. Outside is a whole other story."

Hours later, you headed to the Gates of Hell bar and went to Rodin's stand.

"Hey Rodin."

Rodin: "Hey, Ix. Got a client interested in your services."