04 "Thrill ride o' love"

- grover, annabeth, and nadia stood in the middle of a field surrounded by cops and medics. the three didn't stand together though. nadia had been pulled aside by a cop.

"i'm telling you. we didn't explode the arch!" the other two could hear nadia arguing in the distance.

"they're looking at us." grover whispered nervously referring to the cops ahead.

but annabeth was looking at another group of people looking at them. "yeah." three old ladies all dressed in different colors, all with two or three balls of yarn in their hands.

"so we should probably get out of here don't you think?" grover asked hoping they would be able to just leave.

annabeth was too distracted to listen to grover. she watched as the ladies passed around a peice of yarn then cut it. of course annabeth knew who these ladies were. they were the three fates.

"dude they're looking right at us!" grover whisper yelled. which caused annabeth to turn her head back to him.

"what?"

annabeth finnaly looked forward to see two cops who where, infact, looking right at them.

"c'mon, let's go find percy." annabeth suggested.

"annabeth." grover sighed. he was under the impression that since the arch had... blown up and all, percy might have blown up with it.

"he's alive. i know it." annabeth countered.

grover agreed to leave to go searching for percy but the two had to leave nadia behind. 1. she was distracting the cops and 2. if they were to go over there to get her they would have been stopped too.

                           ~ 🎀 ~

"percy!" the two of them called out.

they were making their way through the labyrinth that was the dock infront of the mississippi river.

they kept on calling his name till they took one more turn. the turn revealed percy jumping over the railing. he came from the ocean.

the two paused and met percy's eyes before hurriedly making their way to him.

"hi." the boy spoke, drenched in water. "look, i'm sorry about shoving you into the stairwell. even hearing myself say that sounds really bad. i just knew you'd never agree and-" he cut himself off. "where's nadia?"

"funny story..." grover tries to explain. "the cops kinda think we crashed an amtrak train then did..." he motioned to the arch in the distance. "that. nadia is a little caught up with the cops right now."

"you left her by herself with the cops?!" percy exclaimed.

"to be fair it didn't seem like such a bad idea until now..." grover admitted.

                           ~ 🎀 ~

percy wasn't going to sit there for much longer once he knew nadia was all by herself back at the arch, so he practically dragged annabeth and grover back there to go find her. but on the way back they ran into her, who was also trying to find them.

nadia halted, eyes widening at the sight of percy, whom she thought to be... well dead.

"percy!" she exhaled, rushing over to him and giving him a tight hug. "your alive." she whispered still holding him close to her. percy slightly bent over for nadia to be able to wrap her arms around his neck yet she was still on her tippy toes. his face rested on her shoulder as he held her back almost as tight as she was holding him. he could smell the perfume she always wears. (another gift from her mom) he could never place his finger on what the scent was, all he knew was that it smelt heavenly.